Well got everything put in today and had a hell of a time with the subs fitting with the faceplates.. Finally a hour later we got the second sub in, decided to hook up 1 amp and see how just 1 sub sounds.. I was amazed and hooked both subs to the one amp, wife came outside saying it was louder than it has ever been from inside the house and my 2 buddies that were here agreed it was def louder. Had major air leaks between sub/box so we pulled them out, for some reason I double checked my ohm load on my subs with the DMM. Sub 2 (this sub has had the surround reglued twice) reading correctly 1.4 ohms (dual 2 ohm). Other sub is reading 2.x ohms.... WTF unhook the jumper wires and sure enough DMM reads .OL on coil 1. Pretty sure its broke between the coil and tinsel leads, managed to test continuity on the leads and they were good so now Im beside myself what to do.

Do I keep running the sub off just 1 coil? Sell the subs? Gonna cost more than its worth for a recone but just upset because i spent all this time with the setup and now this happens. I was planning to order some HDC3's next spring or but this is just.. ugh a major setback to me.

Ill post some pics tomorrow seeings its sopposed to rain and I dont have my usb cable in here to connect the blackberry. When I had it all in (other than the amps) it looked sick, I couldnt get over how great a job I did (not that I dont normally, just I dont normally do designs like this).

Car - 99 Neon Sport

Batt - 1 Redtop up front On 200A Excessive Amperage alt

Sub - 2 12" Kicker L7's in ~2 cuft @ 36hz each on a Xtant X1001 @ 1 ohm

Front Highs/Mids - JVC CS-FS6 and Infinity 6022i on Xtant A2002

Rear Highs/Mids - None

HU - Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

1/0 wire ran thru entire car aswell as big3

DB - 144.5 @ Dash.

Yea I'm debating what to do here, don't wanna go without bump for the time it will take to have money to order my AQ's. Thinking about just running the sub the way it is, if they actually came apart I could repair it maybe but we all know how L7s are. Might try to sell them and have my buddy who owns a shop buy me the subs on payment plan.. Gotta talk to him and the wife first tho.

Car - 99 Neon Sport

Rear Highs/Mids - None

HU - Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

DB - 144.5 @ Dash.

Well bad news, I put everything back in the car yesterday.. Even with the sub that only has 1 coil its loud as hell. I heard a small "pop" Not sure if the "Good" woofer bottomed out or what happened really but the front of the cone cracked by the Solobaric logo. Its not terribly bad and still plays fine though. I called Kicker to see if they do re-cones on them and they said they "upgrade" and it would cost me 221 + shipping. Sadly I can get a brand new one off ebay for 170 shipped. My other option right now other than new L7's (I need this to be financed and local shop deals kicker, jl, and powerbass so thats all he can do for me currently). Anyone on here run powerbass? or know someone who has had exp with them? The 3XL looks pretty sweet and the price is a bit less than a L7 + more power handling, heres a link to them (I will be going with 12's to keep the amount of cone area close)

http://www.powerbassusa.com/drupal/3xl-121d

Let me know what you guys think, or should I just epoxy the cone so it doesnt crack farther and run them for the rest of the season/til I can save up enough for HDC's

Car - 99 Neon Sport

Rear Highs/Mids - None

HU - Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

DB - 144.5 @ Dash.

Well went to my buddies shop and metered the broken subs, with a cracked sub and one running off only 1 coil I still did 143.1db sealed up :) and can do 141's on all the songs I tried playing. Looks like im gonna end up keeping the L7's for this season, though there is a guy he knows that might be selling his 04 L7s and they are the silver with blue solobaric logo... Gonna talk to him about what he wants for them (he has 3) and possibly buy them til I can save up for something different. All in all I'm happy for the time being, didnt gain anything over the old box right now but I can imagine having both coils in the other sub would make it louder yet.

Car - 99 Neon Sport

Rear Highs/Mids - None

HU - Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

DB - 144.5 @ Dash.

my friend runs powerbass m series i believe for a $100 sub it seems like a pretty good deal they hit good and its only in a prefab ported box and it sounds really good i might even end up running powerbass after hearing his for the price?

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

What frequency did you burp? not bad dude!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

That burp was at 45hz, which looks like its my peak currently. That could all change once I put my face plate on and finish sealing the boxes into the cabin though.

Car - 99 Neon Sport

Rear Highs/Mids - None

HU - Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

DB - 144.5 @ Dash.

buy my AQs and wall it :)

Dustin from jeffs account

Walling it is not a option, this is my daily driver and wife tends to drive it more than me 90% the time so..We need the back seat for our nearly 1 1/2 yr old son. Funding isnt great atm so I'm just going to stick wtih these til they are done for or I can save enough for HDC3's or something, I'd honestly rather the HDC3's over anything else due to the fact They work well in small or larger boxes. The max I can do without building the box in the trunk is roughly maybe squeeze 3 cuft per sub. The biggest issue is I dont want to change amps out anytime soon and they are fairly large amps (size and power) so having a place to mount them in the small ass trunk becomes a large enough problem with 2 cubes per sub as it is. I can squeeze 2.5 if needed I think but will be quite a bit of work getting the boxes in.

Car - 99 Neon Sport

Rear Highs/Mids - None

HU - Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

DB - 144.5 @ Dash.