Second Skin Audio

The Official Digital Designs Thread

All jokes aside, how much are the 6.5" DD comps?

bbt.jpg

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Yes, it is against their rules. When you sign a contract to be a dealer of theirs it is boldly stated to not disclose pricing on the web (or even to others not in your area).

They also do not permit online sales, or shipping a product from your store to a customer in another state. Theres many companies like this, however they do not do nothing about it. RE is a very big company whored out all over the internet and being sold by these budget audio websites for way under retail, under map price, and actually just a cunt hair above dealer cost. With RE allowing this to go on, RE is basically saying FUCK our dealers that sell our product, we dont care were our customers buy from as long as they buy our stuff, even if the customers dont get any warranty with it...

DD takes care of their retailers, and customers. DD dont want shop 1 posting a price for a kid in shop 2's town, then having shop 2 trying to beat shop 1s price, or having that kid just going with shop 1.

Its very pointless to have shops that sell the same product fighting over their customers just to sell the same nut (nut = DD). :)

That's all well and good, but some of us don't have DD dealers anywhere near our homes. I fall into this category so I have to exchange emails with DD every single time I'm curious about a product. And for some reason it seems as if they'll only quote prices for one item at a time. I've asked about the 6.5" comps and all they'll say is "they're currently out of stock". Okay, they're out of stock, awesome. How much do they cost when they're in stock?

You can't fix stupid

This is a great thread twisted, ok i´ll start some; I have tested, used and designed a fex boxes also for this amazing brand, actually, the first time in my life i used DD was barely a year ago, always wanted to use it but back home (venezuela) , it´s impossible to buy this monsters because of the price, i moved to Panama and a week later i bought my little suzuki swift and that same week, my first DD´s , 1510 :yahoo:

Well, i wouldn´t turn my head to another brand ever again, they pound HARD, take a lot of abuse, and believe it or not, they sound pretty nice. Here´s what i have used, tested, heared or designed boxes for, i´ll post some vids and pics of what i have from them:

1510 : i have 3 of them in the swift , 1.5 cubic feet per sub and 17 SQ of port per cubic feet it´s the best i found, i hit 148 dbs legal on the TL with my daily box and 2800 clamped watts , still hitting over 146 dbs with barely 900 clamped watts. I tried this sizes:

1.25 c/f : sounded ok but didn´t go that low, great size for scoring.

1.5 c/f : PERFECT!!!

1.75 c/f : Sounded very well but started to bottom out a little bit

2.2 c/f :AHHAAHAHA, well, nothing to say about it, don´t do it!!!

BX3-hbtQ6T9LwxrP-eljsz0d95OBwImB.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X1JGFQLNS4

2512 : i Have 4 of them in the sexplorer, i´m using 1.85 c/f per sub and 20 SQ of port per cubic feet, i made the box small so they could handle tons of power for SPL, bass race and daily abuse; These animals pound even harder than i thought, even that underpowered, they get the people tapping out, keep in mind they are in a "small" box and they play LOUD from 38 hz to 55 hz frequencies, with less than 3K watts for them i´m way over 150 legal on the TL.

By the way, they played 10 straight hours and handled just fine :yahoo:

5vDByvZG6z8Wt9Mpdt6o0mdGfbUZgESA.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D_YwWsiIk0

2515 : My best friend had them on a PIECE OF SHIT BOX, it was around 2.5 c/f per sub and 25 SQ of port per cubic feet with a DD m3, still, they sounded way louder than you can imagine, he scored 144 dbs legal on the TL in a trunk car, for that piece of shit box it wasn´t bad at all, never could hear them on a good box :trippy:

-d2DwOaq5T_ypyXReMmD7k5NIEpS9f8J.jpg

3515 : I designed a box a few months ago for one of my best friends, 4.25 cubic feet and 17 SQ of port per cubic feet, tune to 39 hz and that shit it´s one of the single 15´s setups i have ever heard, he´s hitting over 143 dbs @ 42 hz with a single battery in a trunk car with 1600 clamped watts. Amazing SQ for a sub like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WkWFAtI9KU

Also, my best friend had a pair of 3515´s with 2 hifonics bxi2610D before he changed them for a pair of Fi BL´s , he had 3.3 c/f per sub and 14 SQ of port per cubic feet tune to 43 hz, it sounded AWESOME but it´s a small trunk car and he didn´t have space to get a bigger box, the fi´s performed much better on this box, but, the 3515´s hit 147 dbs legal on the TL and pounded HARD, even on a "small" box for them with a mid-high tuning, he played lows STRONG!! He´s a member of this forum, TOPSECRET.

http://www.slide.com/s/AEJapmMsfj8tGW5HdJ0ZCEZNghNFWZp2?sk=0&cy=gn&th=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2kasYVfdps

3518 : I have two of them waiting to get daily abuse, but, i did a burp box for one of them inside on my swift, 4.5 c/f and 2 PVC 8" tubes, they weren´t even glued, just taped them and that´s it, single battery, cheap pioneer HU and barely 3K watts and scored 149 dbs legal on the TL. After that test, i took out one of the "ports" and leave just one, so, the box was 4.5 c/f and a single 8" PVC tube tune to 37 hz, holy shit that thing was a monster!!!! still hit 146.5 dbs @ 42 hz with that ugly piece of shit box.

2n-eNqxz3j-J3fgkLkMpDN437i8WTSjv.jpg

QLRM1Q1-1T8tO3v9_vIGeIvpAyim8o9H.jpg

eHXuAmuVuT-LKqhdYCTE1btRmWTa7pyI.jpg

3512 : Helped a friend of mine with his box, 2 c/f and a small slot port in a yaris, single battery and a DD m1 and that thing sounded AWESOME with barely 700 clamped watts, couldn´t try other things because he sold it, but that thing sounded great!

1512 : Designed a box for a pair in a single cab isuzu, i went with DD specs on this one and turn it out ok, the subs bottomed out a little bit because of the size, 2.5 c/f per sub and 16 SQ of port per cubic feet, i shrink it a little bit to 2.25 c/f and 17.5 SQ of port per cubic feet and it came alive! it hit 138 dbs @ 44 hz with 200 clamped watts :o , still waiting for him to buy a bigger amp, but as i said before, no more than 2.25 c/f for this sub IMO.

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

That's all well and good, but some of us don't have DD dealers anywhere near our homes. I fall into this category so I have to exchange emails with DD every single time I'm curious about a product. And for some reason it seems as if they'll only quote prices for one item at a time. I've asked about the 6.5" comps and all they'll say is "they're currently out of stock". Okay, they're out of stock, awesome. How much do they cost when they're in stock?

So call them, they have a receptionist that works during business hours that can help you with pricing.

Someone is always there to pick up the phone.

I normally speak to Steve, Jack, or Brad.

You can also try registering on their new forums and talking to one of the moderators there since the site is moderated by the DD Staff.

As I said, I can not disclose prices, and even if I did, the price I sell for is most likely under what another shop will sell for since we give our customers a break and dont sell at suggested msrp or over like 80% of retailers do. We take care of our returning customers and try to help them as much as we can.

So even if I broke the contract we signed to be a dealer and gave you a price, I still cant sell you product, unless I want to violate our contract for a second time and double the risk of not being a dealer any longer...

Not too hard of a concept to understand really. :)

Archived