Quick Belt Tensioner ?

so this is kinda a double post from my topic a few days old but really its just a quick question and i figured id save ya'll the hassle of reading the other thread.

So im trying release the belt tensioner so i can remove my alt, and do the big three.

ive got the 1/4'' breaker bar in the tensioner slot, and when i push down, the belt moves, but isnt the tensioner suppossed to like have a on/off position if you will.

i push down and down some more and nothing happens, am i posed to remove the belt while pushing down, it seems kinda tight still, i thought you turn the tensioner to off, and the belt slips off if you will

heres the scematic from before

91061g08.gif

thanks

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

tensioners are spring loaded

Turn it as hard as you can and simultaneously pull the belt off of one of the idlers, let up on the breaker bar and remove the belt

And what do you mean you have it in the slot? you put a socket on it, and turn that nut at the end of the tensioner arm and it rotates the whole thing

Edited by 95_1500

Put a ratchet into that square hole and push down, if you can't add some leverage and it'll work

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

yea the tensioner, has a a square hole for a socket to fit it as in the diagram above, pushing down rotates the whole thing as per the diagram should loosen the belt, im asking if the i have to simaltaneously push down and remove the belt or do i push down until the tesioner stops.

i was under the assumption that the tensioner will eventually unlock in a loosen position, where as to say that the belt will remain loose without pressure turning it and you are free to loosen the belt and when you're done simply turn it back to tighten the belt?

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

You push down as far as you need to while simultaneously removing the belt. The tensioner will never stop giving tension. Just get out there and do it, don't ask questions lol. It's not that hard.. you'll figure it out.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

the tensioner is spring loaded get your back into it and pull off the belt at the same time and reverse when you want to put the belt back on

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

im stupid, i got it

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

im out of time and kinda gotta go to work so ill finish this up tom, but, the alt only has one wire coming from it, im positive it well the postive, its one of the those one wire charging alt..? its grounded dirctly to the black via a thick as mounting bar, im not going to run the wires today obvi, but just to make sure,

the single wire is my posi right?

i suppose i could hook it back up without the gay ass shroud for a sec and use the dmm to check?

off to work for now, but thanks for all that helped me through my stupidity.

P4Killer

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000