Second Skin Audio

What to look for when buying a deadner?

Hey, I'm just wondering what i should look for in a deadner. I've heard some crazy things about SS. I'm almost positive I'm gunna buy your product. I know SS has a bunch of different products though. JW what it is i should look for in a deadner. I know you want it to stick so ease of application and adheartion is a biggy....Sounds like lots of people think Second Skin has that covered!. So I'm wondering if when you guys buy Sound deadner do you look for the thickness of it, the weight of the product? or what do you look for? Help me out if you can? Thanks guys.

its all about the overall build. i bought something off a friend on the second skin forums and even thou i told him not to he sent me a piece of a new product at the time the thickest edead whatever. it was probably double the thickness of damp pro but it almost had plastic instead of foil... basically garbage IMO. the foil layer is one of the main components to a vibration dampening mat and this thing was basically a walmart bag with what looked like playdoe attached to it. I couldn't see or justify putting that on my car so i thought maybe i would put it on my moms car cant hurt right? i couldn't even bring myself to do that so i just tossed it

So thickness is only into play if whatever ur buying is actual quality... sorta like wire. the thickness of the insulation doesnt make the currant capability go up its the actual copper.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

buy second skin pro

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- crescendo 3kwp ( 1 more on the way)

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

and a bunch of other sh!t

the build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/74044-project-will-it-fit/

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/slammedblackbish

sorta like wire. the thickness of the insulation doesnt make the currant capability go up its the actual copper.

I like that quote... :)

ya hush mat is good too... its the first dampener i personally used. No complaints here its still holding up but in comparison i think the damp pro is better

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer