well as you all might know i got a new cobalt ss supercharged on my hands.... so far is pretty fast (especially off the line) but i could use some more.... so do you think i should try to start some mods up or should i wait a lil bit... i figure i want my car to be at least as fast as it now with all of the sound dampening/fiberglass/speakers ect

now i was sorta looking at a site for a sts turbo(mainly bc it doesnt require a turbo timer)... but that would def require tons of modification and im not sure how long my engine would last with that kind of boost system

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

i seen one of the first sts turbos installed here at uti in orlando on a gto.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/sts+tu...82700d69f1d.htm

theyre sweet as shit. i kno with the supercharger though, my buddy said ull need a cluth for it so it disengages after the turbo spools up. i think theres another way around it too but reguardless, it would be sweet. i would say build ur engine up a lil then put it in.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

i would need a whatto diengage the supercharger? Hey on that gto did you guys save the muffler or use the sts instead? it sounded a little different so im thinking they took it out

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

emperorjj1 - Congrats on the car.  First off to clear a misnomer on turbos.  Turbo's don't require a turbo timer, but the main reason why they are suggested is because the general population doesn't understand them.  First off...turbo's are lubricated by engine oil...engine oil gets hot as we all know, so its just a matter of taking an extra 15-30 seconds to let the turbo cool off and whine down.

Next..before we get to far head of the budget for modding, what kind of boost are you seeing on that charger?  You might be better off for the mean while, squeezing some more boost out of it  :^

I would first see what you can get out of your motor, then see what other options are available if you are not happy.  Just my $.02

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

hmm... gues you were right i knew turbos needed to be cooled down but i thought it took something like 2 minutes or so and sometimes when im on the go i g2g.... but anyway after reading some peoples mods on the coblat ss/sc i think im going to mimic them to get more boost... pully swap, cai, bigger injectors ect... or i could be lazy and go get the gm 2 kit with a reflash, injectors, pulley packaged together with warrenty for soemthing like 250 hp(205 stock hp) oh and im getting 12.5lb boost from the stock super which its capped at.... but whatever upgrades i decide to do i want to get a manual boost controler so i can cap the boost from the super

From the sounds of it...(I haven't worked on a cobalt yet), it sounds like its pretty easy to swap out the fuelling system.  I would definately start with bigger injectors (pending on price) and then throw on some more boost.  That will be your best bet for reliablility...till you can get the motor broken in and see what she is capable of.

well im not sure 100% how its hooked up but i know right now theres a line that is controled by something and when the boost from the super goes over 12.5 it lets all the boost out (lol only seen it when i rev when in neutral the boost gauge goes all the way down to 20vac)

well im not sure 100% how its hooked up but i know right now theres a line that is controled by something and when the boost from the super goes over 12.5 it lets all the boost out (lol only seen it when i rev when in neutral the boost gauge goes all the way down to 20vac)

What your talking about is the wastegate.  Its a flange that either sits on the turbo, or in the exhaust right at the turbo. 

Here's what happens, then the turbo or charger is producing boost, there will be a hole in which the air flows through.  This hole has a plate inside in which the air pushes on, this plate then has a spring on the other side, in which pushes on a shaft.  This Shaft then in return opens the flange on the wastegate.  If you know anyone that knows about wastegates, they can adjust it to open up later.  But pending on the vehicle, this might throw a check engine light on. 

My trucks wastegate stock is set for 24lbs the check engine light comes on at 26lbs...if this helps any.

Kev

is it still called a wastegate if its a supercharger? lol all i know is i got a little hose running that lets boost out if it goes over 12.5 psi which is why i would use a manual boost controler to let the boost out when i want to let boost out