Sundown Audio

Amp went in protect mode?

chapo123

from now on im getting amps with fuses actually in em too. done with memphis lol.

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

I would guess that if your amp isn't hot but you kept popping your 60 amp and by using a 200 amp fuse your amp may be ruined. It could be so many different things that have caused it to go into protection mode. It could have an internal short or open caused by over current. Double check your ground wires. My friend had a system that kept having dimming headlight problems even after doing the big three and a cap and he finally found that even though his ground connection was good the piece of metal that he grounded to was only spot welded to the vehicle and the current draw eventually heated the spot welds enough to break loose and in turn cause the amp to shut off. Good luck and let us know what you find.

ill try. im not to good at problem solving..

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

try putting a different load on it. Maybe there is something wrong with your sub or the wiring! Anyways good luck with your amp!

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

doubt the sub is done. i push down on it and its not blow. its still stiff. and im sure its not the wiring. i used a dmm and it read 1.4ohm (like all dual 1 btls) and after box rise im saying 2 ohm lol

1j1450.png

Cant hurt to try. maybe some kinda short. Thats where I would start. process of elimination.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

@ kingsuv. If it was a surge through the the charging system then yes every fuse would probably blow. Because the amplifier is hooked directly to the battery and not the stock fuse box the amplifier is going to draw current from the battery as it always does. Odds are if it fried the amp its because I was allowed to draw as much power as possible and the internals got fried because of no protection. The surge is that big power draw before the amp fries.

@chapo there would only be a fire if the system was shorting out and causing sparks/heat near a flammable surface like your seat or carpet and it catches fire. And if you buy an amp with no fuses on the amp then using ohms law calculate the amp draw and put a fuse at both ends of the power wire within 18" of batt and amp.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Like i said, bench test it.

Take the amp out of the car, being it to a bench, bring a car battery.

Check battery resting voltage make sure it is at least 12v ish.

Get three wires, connect two to the pos and one to the neg.

Connect the two pos to the 12+ term and the rem term on the amp.

Connect the neg wire to the gnd term on the amp.

If it goes into protect then the amp is french... fried that is :pardon:

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

but the thing is when it happened my lights didnt dim or anything. no sound or nothing. it just stopped. wasnt even slapping that hard... had it up like 1/2 the way on the stero

1j1450.png

Archived