Second Skin Audio

2001 Ford Excape 9 cubes Possible>?

ok well with those dimensions and 1.5inches of mdf the net volume is only 6.52ft3 so yea and thats sealed.umm i say 1 inch wood and do the height at 25inches. so then it will be h-25 w-42 d-20 the net volume sealed would be 9.58 did you want a port too?

yea i was hoping to do it ported to it could really get down on the lows but idk i got a good deal on a re audio sx 18 im looking in to and i know that should fit.. and i wanna try to get it the 8 cubes it wants..

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

ok well the best i could come up with 1.5 inch mdf the dimensions are h-25 w-42 d-20 port dimensions are h-22, w-3, L-13 the specs are net volume=7.16ft3 tuning before displacement is 31.61, and the port uses 3 common walls, hope this helps.

Edited by thumper806.yellowcity

"NOT AT THE TABLE CARLOS"

use .75" birch ply and you will save ALOT of space, just brace it properly with allthread and youll be FINE. ive never had to double up a bitch ply enclosure and they all have been solid.

the dc tunnel is 1" 19 ply single layer on all the walls double on woofer baffles.

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

^^^^

agreed

ok this is the 1st box that i am going to attempt to build what exactly is a common wall

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

use .75" birch ply and you will save ALOT of space, just brace it properly with allthread and youll be FINE. ive never had to double up a bitch ply enclosure and they all have been solid.

the dc tunnel is 1" 19 ply single layer on all the walls double on woofer baffles.

I agree with this guy. I've heard good stuff about birch

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

ok this is the 1st box that i am going to attempt to build what exactly is a common wall

It's hard to explain. I have a diagram on my computer but I'm on my iPhone now so I'll post it tomorrow. Because someone mentioned it before, I'll tell you that 3 common port walls is an "L" port

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

It's hard to explain. I have a diagram on my computer but I'm on my iPhone now so I'll post it tomorrow. Because someone mentioned it before, I'll tell you that 3 common port walls is an "L" port

hey guys thanks for all the help your offering up... its is greatly appreciated.. and thanks for posting that information

no problem heres a link to show you what a 3 common wall box looks like.- Slot port with 3 common walls: http://img246.yfrog.com/img246/6968/slotportbox.jpg

compliments of torres he has this link on his box calculator program works great for most designs makes it simple, holler if ya need anything else and good luck mane =) its always self gratifying when you build it yourself. o yeah we also want sum results and pics would be nice too haha, but seriously let us know how it goes

"NOT AT THE TABLE CARLOS"

I tried my first wall on the build that I am doing now in a Tahoe. I had never even got a good look at a wall in person, it was a whole lot easier than I was expecting, there were a few obstacles that we had to figure out but had no major problems at all. I did end up using a whole lot of card board to get all of the pieces shaped though.

anyways point being dont be scared its just wood lol :drinks:

edit: some how I missed all of the stuff after "where there is a will there is a wall" I will shut up now

Edited by devil4u2c