A New Setup For My 03' Tahoe...i Hope It Will Be Louder.

OK, here is wher it is at. The box and subs setup is virtually finished. It is in and running, now just a little trimming to do. I have not tuned anything in. I fired it up, heard it work at a really low level, then burped a 40hz test tone for just a split second...so far, so good. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I really look forward to hearing what these sound like with a T4K on them. For now, 1K each is pretty impressive. I won't speculate as to which is louder, the 2 15's or the 6 12's. I will wait until a meter can answer that. By ear only, I will say that they are about the same. The wife and I will be heading out to eat. I will try to get some video.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Hope that thing sounds good man! The carpet around the port looks a lil ragged, but other than that it looks real solid. Its funny, you went from a lotta 12's to 2 15's, and Im going from two 15s to a lotta 12's.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Hope that thing sounds good man! The carpet around the port looks a lil ragged, but other than that it looks real solid. Its funny, you went from a lotta 12's to 2 15's, and Im going from two 15s to a lotta 12's.

I was really skeptical when I did it, but I really wanted to try it out. The eventual goal is four 15's, but I have to save up a bunch of $ for amps first. I have intentions of installing some vinyl wrapped trim pieces, so that should cover up any port uglies. I will actually cut the carpet back further when I do that. I just kind of chopped it up for now.

As for the vids, sorry, I forgot to take my camera when I went out to eat, but I have a friend that is coming over to be victimized. I will take it when I go back out.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

so you didnt brace this box?

No, I didn't. I actually left off a few big steps due to the fact that I do not plan on using this enclosure for long. I didn't kill all the 90's in the box, I didn't double baffle, and I didn't brace. I went over the enclosure a number of times as I worked, trying to find any weak spots, but all in all, I really couldn't. Now, I am releatively sure that with a lot more power applied I would have really needed it. I might find out (the hard way) that I needed it in this one. Now, the port itself does actually serve as a bit of support in the enclosure, but still, I think the correct answer would be no.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Archived