Need help on alts, batts, and anything else

Hey guys, new to this forum and decided to go here but I needed more input in my situation.

I need some input on some alts and batteries for a 5krms system.  System includes.

2 HD315's

2 MA P3000.1

1 MA P800.4

CDT components.

I roughly say 5000rms because the amps put out 2500rms at 14volts.  I need to know how big of an HO alternator I need to go with and if two Odyssey 2150S or two Kinetik Batteries would be fine.

I know about iraggi but is there something that I should know about alternators, because sometimes people describe them differently with internal and external regulator?

I was thinking about a 240amp alt but wasn't sure if that was enough?  I would like to stay away from a dual setup as much as possible.  Also whats a batcap? and should I run a battery isolator.

I know its a lot of questions but if someone could help me just a little that would be appreciated.  thanks.

yuk.jpg

depending on what kind of car or truck you have ... get the biggest alternator, i've heard they go up to 300 amp. you should run a battery isolator is you'll be having multiple batteries in your car(as in a battery or two in the back). a batcap is a batter/capacitor. here they work quite well and are small at that.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Guest MegaloManiac

I have a 200A for my 00' accord, and i CAN run a 5k system daily, but right now i amp only pullin about 1800 watts, little less than 1200 for my NINe1 100watts for my computer and 500 watts for component amp. i say get between a 200A and an 300A...im no pro so its merely just an opinion

Ok I decided to go with a Iraggi 300amp alt.  But whats safer for me, an internal regulator or external.  I don't know how to mess with this and is it truly necessary or just a basic option.  I would like to keep about 13.5volts+ but no where near 12 atleast.  Would an internal regulator be able to do that.  Also I got two odyssey 2150S if that helps.  I'm buying the alternator on monday so any help from now till then would be appreciated, thanks.

yuk.jpg

Guest MegaloManiac

your goal should be to maintain the voltage at around 14v. no doubt that alt will be able to hang with your system. extra batts will help you maintain the battery levels.

I have a 200A for my 00' accord, and i CAN run a 5k system daily, but right now i amp only pullin about 1800 watts, little less than 1200 for my NINe1 100watts for my computer and 500 watts for component amp. i say get between a 200A and an 300A...im no pro so its merely just an opinion

lol you got to look at more then the alt power to figure out what you can and cant run.(i figure you had a stock 50-60a so you got a good 140a increase. others have stock 100+ alts so a 200 wouldnt be as effective)

safer for you would be internal regulation... if its inside you cant fuck it up. wherease the external is probably adjustable. if you go internal it should be set ~14.4v.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188357

I have some killer batts for sale..

Ask steve m. he'll tell ya.

No joke

And Im sure steve will vouch for me.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Guest 90accordman

lol you got to look at more then the alt power to figure out what you can and cant run.(i figure you had a stock 50-60a so you got a good 140a increase. others have stock 100+ alts so a 200 wouldnt be as effective)

safer for you would be internal regulation... if its inside you cant fuck it up. wherease the external is probably adjustable. if you go internal it should be set ~14.4v.

Stock accord alternators are 90amp BTW

Archived