Well my 15" DC said BYE the other morning may it rest in piece and it might be resurected real soon. Burnt the leads going to the coils up. So I am Going to get 3 - 10" DC subs and do Like I planned to do last year. The box will be 4.6 cubes before port and sub displacement. After I get done with my friends truck I will start working on my new box. I am going with 1 red, 1 silver, and 1 blue, dust cap USA style. Dual 1 ohm subs wired in series / parallel to .66667 ohms. Since I have an SAZ-1500D it will handle that load daily. If you remember back in the day I had a box built for 3 - 10's but went with a DC 15" sub instead well the 3 Sub Box is coming back to life. The port is going to be 2.5" by 34.5" tuned to 32htz. I miss having those lows since my current box was closer to 37htz. I need to get another battery and a bigger alt but the alt will have to wait. I plan on using a lot of bracing and fiberglass in it as I want it to be solid and triple face. Two for mounting and one to recessing the subs in. I am going to drill out the speaker screws and make 3/8" bolts fit so I can bolt them in tired of screws to hold in the subs. plan on starting in the next few days just waiting on the subs to get here.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

This is what the box will look like that I am going to rebuild. These are old pics of it that has Team Deadly Hertz on it. and if anyone knows me I havent been on that team in a while. no disrespect to the Chodester. This

1017091258.jpg

1017091323.jpg

1017091622.jpg

1017091623.jpg

1017091748.jpg

1013091918.jpg

1013091918a.jpg

1013091923.jpg

1013091923a.jpg

1013091929.jpg

1013091940.jpg

1013091940a.jpg

1013092008.jpg

1013092008a.jpg

1012091933.jpg

Edited by Twiztid

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

I suggest no 45s for bracing and just use all thread, have one going top to bottom, one going side to side, and 2 going from front too back. The do 2 layers of resin. If you need help darryl let me know. I would do 3 cubes after all displacement with 60-80 sq in of port tuned to 35 hertz, if you tune it to 32 your numbers will suck. 35 hertz is the best of both worlds.

I suggest no 45s for bracing and just use all thread, have one going top to bottom, one going side to side, and 2 going from front too back. The do 2 layers of resin. If you need help darryl let me know. I would do 3 cubes after all displacement with 60-80 sq in of port tuned to 35 hertz, if you tune it to 32 your numbers will suck. 35 hertz is the best of both worlds.

As for the port I am thinking about making it adjustable one for daily and one for numbers... the port thats going to be in the box is 1.7 cubes of displacement so I actually need to make the box bigger like 5 cubes before all displacement. I want about 1.15 cubes per sub and 20" of port per cube. And one question is the factor of port on the total box volume or on the usable box minus port displacement when factoring how many inches of port per cube. Cant wait for my subs to come in. Should be here around the end of the month.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

Remember that the pics in the post are of my old box that got ripped out before they even seen a sub. so I am just giving you a better idea of whats to come. The new one will be better as I don't have my wife soon to be EX around anymore and I am building it to take my mind off of her. I miss her but I need to learn to let go. Shes not gone from this earth but only from my life and it hurts so I do anything to help ease the pain.

I like that new song by K m K - Time will ease the pain... I will not go into detail as I don't want anything public. but I am just living my life one day at a time. So all of the feed back I can get will also help. sorry maybe I should have put this in the off topic section but it has a lot to do with my new setup. I want to show her I don't need her anymore and I can and will carry on without her, it's just my kids that I miss but at least I get them EVERY weekend. I live for them and nobody else. Enjoy all of the moments you have with your family and friends, as we are only here to have them carry on our legacy. Live Laugh and Love.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

Why 1.15 c/f per sub and 32 hz tuning? if you plan to hit the lows that´s a very small box, 20 SQ per cubic feet it´s also a big port for only 1500 watts before displacement IMO; I have 1.5 c/f per sub and 14 SQ of port per c/f for daily and 1.4 c/f and 17 SQ of port per c/f for comps and work just fine. For burps you would get very nice score with 1.15 c/f per sub, but for daily, you won´t hit the lows as strong as you could with at least 1.4 c/f per sub.

By the way, KICK ASS idea about the subs colors, great looking box also...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I am thinking about a total box volume minus port at 1.25cubes. with 20" of port per c/f tuned to 34

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg