Sundown Audio

Forgive me if this is dumb. The red protection led came on no my sax 100.4 this morning. I tested the speakers and the right front reads 4.3 ohms the left front reads 5.5 ohms and both bak read 4.2 ohms. I know a speaker short can cause the protection to come on. Is the 5.5 a short or would it read OL on the meter? I the the power, ground, remote, speaker and RCA's and let it sit awhile. I hooked everything back up and it still is in protection. When I turn on the deck the power LED flashed and then it turns to the protection and the power LED goes out. The thing that concerns me is the one speaker at 5.5 ohms, but it is still in protection with all the speakers and RCA's unhooked so now I'm not sure that the one speaker at 5.5 ohms is the bad guy. All the power and ground connections are solid and flowing power. I think that about covers it, let me know if you can think of anything else I can do to try to narrow down the problem.

member9971.png

Forgive me if this is dumb. The red protection led came on no my sax 100.4 this morning. I tested the speakers and the right front reads 4.3 ohms the left front reads 5.5 ohms and both bak read 4.2 ohms. I know a speaker short can cause the protection to come on. Is the 5.5 a short or would it read OL on the meter? I the the power, ground, remote, speaker and RCA's and let it sit awhile. I hooked everything back up and it still is in protection. When I turn on the deck the power LED flashed and then it turns to the protection and the power LED goes out. The thing that concerns me is the one speaker at 5.5 ohms, but it is still in protection with all the speakers and RCA's unhooked so now I'm not sure that the one speaker at 5.5 ohms is the bad guy. All the power and ground connections are solid and flowing power. I think that about covers it, let me know if you can think of anything else I can do to try to narrow down the problem.

The one speaker that is reading 5.5... unhook it from the amp and see if it come out of protect.. and if it does thats the guy ur looking for.. if nt... then continue the process.

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

if your meter is reading OL your coil is open on your speaker. 5.5 ohms would actually be easier on your amp and is defiantly not a short.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

if your meter is reading OL your coil is open on your speaker. 5.5 ohms would actually be easier on your amp and is defiantly not a short.

The front driver is reading 5.5 none are OL so I guess the speakers are not the problem. Looks like I may need to send it off to Sundown, I still have warranty on it so thats good

member9971.png

First thing ......is disconnect all speakers and rca to confirm ...leave just power ,ground,remote

He has already tried that, still protect light on he says.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

He has already tried that, still protect light on he says.

That is correct, I had disconnected RCA's and speaker wires and it was still in protection. I had disconnected everything and reconnected everything and it was still in protection, I had disconnected everything and reconnected just the power, ground, and remote and it is still in protection.

member9971.png

Ounds like you might be in needs of repairs! look for a vent and smell it you will know or open it up and take a look! Also, have you taken all power from it? Good luck with it. would be shity if 1 bad speaker killed it.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"