USB port problem

alright guys i need some help ive had my clarion head unit installed ofr about a year now and all of a sudden when i plug in my ipod using the USB port cord that comes out the back of the radio it will load and i can control the ipod from the headunit which of course thats whats it supposed to heres the problem it wont play any sound thru my subs and speakers

the other thing thats odd is i can go buy a new USB Ipod cord and everything works fine please help im stumped and had my headunit out 20 times trying to figure it out

It's early and I don't know if I'm reading this right... But you say you got a new iPod cord and this fixed the problem? And you still sent it back in? Why wouldn't you just use the new cord that works?

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

It's early and I don't know if I'm reading this right... But you say you got a new iPod cord and this fixed the problem? And you still sent it back in? Why wouldn't you just use the new cord that works?

THIS

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

alright the cord works for like a week then stops letting sound go thru my system so i sent the radio back cause the ipod cord could be bad in a week right

alright the cord works for like a week then stops letting sound go thru my system so i sent the radio back cause the ipod cord could be bad in a week right

hmm weird. How do you have the ipod cable ran? is there anywhere it could be kinked or pinched? did you try resetting the radio? and resetting the ipod?

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

hmm weird. How do you have the ipod cable ran? is there anywhere it could be kinked or pinched? did you try resetting the radio? and resetting the ipod?

done and done no wires pinched anywhere its a straight shot from the back of the headunit to my floor board and my ipod hooked straight into it no kinks or anything its driving me crazy

Archived