Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

And I've said this before, but thats hella port area for those subs. Decreases power handling by a bunch.

i saw pics of when he was ripping the system out....each sub had its own individual box and port. thats not one big box

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean

Posted

Yeah, all the subs are sold, and my car is 100% back to stock. Took me a good 12 hours to rip out the system, take out all the wiring, install the stock system back in, then another 3 hours to get the car back together.

And incase anyone is wondering, I actually fried 1 BTL, the first time around. The enclosure specs were 6.5 cubes @ 35hz with 100in^ of port per woofer. At first I had 2 Sundowns strapped @ .7 per sub, so .35 ohms per amp. Amps laughed at it, but it was just too much power for that amount of port area and I kept breaking tinsels.

Then after 1 blew and tinsels broke on 2 others, I decided I was doing to recone so I could strap my amps @ 1.4, so I fried the other BTL for fun.

Reconed em all and I was still having problems with tinsels.... Before I took it out, I had my SSF cranked to about 50hz trying to stop my subs from excurding so much, but it really didnt help. Just too much power and port. That power would have worked if I had less port, and that port would have worked if I had less power.

It was definately loud, and sounded good, but Im looking for something with a flat response that will play all day. In a couple months Im starting a new build, in an Econoline van. Got 85% of the money I need all saved up, but its on hold for a while since I just got back surgery yesterday and Im still recovering.... Real hard to walk or stand. Just gotta lay in bed and keep poppin Oxycodones my Dr gave me. :wacko:

Anyways, look out for a MONSTER sealed groundpounder comin up. Goin to shit all over my BTLs and most other systems you've seen.

Posted

^^^^dawg, you are my freakin idol (i still luv you too meade). Sealed you say? No ports for the boom-boom?

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

Posted

nah he's doing sealed, i don't know if he wants me saying what subs he is going to do, you could ask your self

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

Posted

Still not exactly sure on the subs, but it would be loud even if I put some Xplods in it.

And yeah, sealed. Sealed boxes are way better for groundpounders. When you have just a couple subs, ported is better, but when you get a ton of subs, sealed works out much better.

Posted

nah he's doing sealed, i don't know if he wants me saying what subs he is going to do, you could ask your self

i heard 24 kicker comp 15's...but dont quote me on that

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean

Posted

i heard 24 kicker comp 15's...but dont quote me on that

quoted

225HP 1996 S-Dime

JVC KD-G820

Crunch PZi 2250 powering Two Ascendant Audio Assassin 8s wired to 2 ohm at 225W RMS 2.26CF @ 36.4Hz 43.5 square inches of port with 45's

Kicker ZX350.4 powering CDT CL-61A's with TW-24 Tweeters

Contact me:

AIM: Necromancer Ku

YIM: Ku_Karukasa

MSN: [email protected]

verification_seal.gif

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3049 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...