Sonic Electronix

How many people have told you your clipping? it doesnt HAVE to be the amp/HU clipping. You can have a song thats clipped to shit and have everything else properly tuned and STILL blow your shit. Try listening and learning instead of running your mouth about something you have no clue about. You came here asking for advice, you got that advice and you still think you know what your talking about? Then why the hell did you come here and ask if you already knew?

x2 its clipping aka having your bass boost etc up high to make up for the lost power that will fry your subs. happened to me once when i first got into car audio. i was underpowering my subs by about 200rms. i turned up my bassboost to 18/18.. and everything on the hu maxed. glad my friend helped me out!

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

On the topic of your head unit settings. Your bass setting on the deck should always remain at 0 and you tune your gains accordingly. If the only way you can get loud is with bass boost and shit like that that means you need more power. I have always left my settings at 0 and i have never had problems.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

you should set the filters before setting the gain except that the bass boost should be at 0.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I do have it all correct now, and yes, it was a 2 ohm load. Meaning, 400 watts, and 2 ohms, was a 28.28 voltage. But I acheived that.. in a weird way with the DMM.. I like turned EVERYTHING DOWN on the amp.. then turned the gain up just a LITTLE.. and got like 20 volts.. then turned the rest of the filters VERY little until it got too 28.28.. So yea.. Whatever I guess..

EDIT:

So they don't hit hard at ALLLL noww...

whyd you just randomly turn knobs till you got to 28v? you turn the LPF (low pass filter) to eighty-100hz, then bassboost is off, subsonic (if you have it) should be turned up to w/e your box is tuned to (30hz 35hz 40hz w/e) and THEN turn your gain up till you get to 28.28v

edit: btw was your dmm set to DC or AC volts...it should be at AC.

for those that say you cant hear clipping.

th_P1020688.jpg

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I would explain the smell like the smell of a sharpie marker. Its a sign of your subs coils getting warm sort of like they are cooking and giving of a smell. Even though you have a sealed enclosure it will be noticeable. I've had retarded friends wang their shit too hard and the first sign b4 they blew there subs was the sharpie smell...lol. I would suggest turning your stuff down.

Haha...young mistake. I just hope you did not pay too much for your subs and i hope they will last a long time still. We all make mistakes once in a while and things get broke and go bad. I kinda feel bad for you bro. I hope your subs aren't junk from goofing up your wiring. Good Luck man.

Archived