Sonic Electronix

Pioneer Head Unit- Powers up but no sound?

well i hooking up a deck in my friends 2003 impala, deck is a pioneer 4900. Its a flip out deck and when i wire everything up it powers up but no sounds.......Any ideas what it could be? i have tried a few things:

Deck WORKS FOR SURE it was just taken out of a hummer

fuse-all good none blown or anything

speakers wires- they are all connected right to their appropriate wire

plugged in the stock radio and it works fine all the speakers sounds good

hooked the deck up and ran a small loose speaker and it WORKS! plays music thru that ONE, but the vehicle ones it dont WTF

Any Ideas what it could be?

Any help would be great. Thanks!

did you bypass the factory amp? if it has one.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i think my lil bro hooked up a deck in an impala and it had a factory amp for the speakers.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

dude i think those truck have a factory amp that goes into some what of a prtect mode if it senses like a stronger current or more power like from and after market head unit it happend to me before on a yukon install that i did

cowboys_logo.gif

well i hooking up a deck in my friends 2003 impala, deck is a pioneer 4900. Its a flip out deck and when i wire everything up it powers up but no sounds.......Any ideas what it could be? i have tried a few things:

Deck WORKS FOR SURE it was just taken out of a hummer

fuse-all good none blown or anything

speakers wires- they are all connected right to their appropriate wire

plugged in the stock radio and it works fine all the speakers sounds good

hooked the deck up and ran a small loose speaker and it WORKS! plays music thru that ONE, but the vehicle ones it dont WTF

Any Ideas what it could be?

Any help would be great. Thanks!

You said its an Impala, does it have any premium sound such as Bose, This would cause a problem if you care hooking up your radio.

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

i dont think it has one....ive hooked up decks before in this and they worked fine i dont know why this one is acting up...

theres a main plug and then theres a smaller plug that we didnt connect.. but he said the harness adapter only came with that one plug, im thinking that other plug might need to be connected but theres nuthing to plug into it.

dude i think those trucks...

Reading is FUNDAMENTAL

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

I think you will need a special wire harness for that car so the door chimes and stuff will cont. to work.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

it has just regular sound system nothing special, thats what i was thinking too but no amp for the stock system

yeah it DOES have that little bell thing tho and thats hooked up right.

Archived