Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

I think my box is just too big


Alex K

Recommended Posts

Posted

In sealed boxes the woofers tend to have more excursion, since there is no way for the backpressure to escape...therefor in a video it will look as if the sealed is louder, as it is moving alot more, though in reality the ported is probably louder.

Ported is always louder than sealed IF the box is properly designed

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Posted

Maybe you could shrink the box a little bit with some wood :pardon:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Posted

Maybe you could shrink the box a little bit with some wood :pardon:

x2, just do more bracing if you feel its too large.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Posted

4.2 ported seems a tad on the big side for a 15" Q. Is it wired to 2 ohms or 1 ohm on that 1200D? If it's at 2 ohms then I found your issue. If it's at 1 ohm, add some bracing to drop the volume or hit me up for a new box design.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Posted

See? i have good ideas sometimes :clapping:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Posted

1 ohm load on the Q

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Posted

Yessir adding bracing will definately help you out if the box is too large. However if you add volume or take it away you will change the tuning frequency of your box. Just be aware of that and you should be fine. Your tuning frequency could be a little off also for this sub but usually if you pick one and stay with it in generality for size of driver it shouldn't be too much different from driver to driver. Granted they are similar specs or brand. And from what I've read a decent box size for a 15 is in the 4.5 cubes range.

Posted

My gross volume on my box is 5.62 feet. Man im wayy off lol. i think ima try and get someone on here to get me a real design.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Posted

test it out. bracing will take a lot of work and a ton of wood to make a difference. get some bricks. the regular red bricks are .036 cubic feet. get 14 bricks and thats .5 cubes. if it performs better for you then you can add a wall inside the box to take up whatever amount of space you choose or whatever other secure method you choose. or, you can then make your next box knowing exactly how much airspace you want.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

I don't think the problem would be that the box is too big.

Sealed boxes will look louder, because they move more air.

But ported should be louder (even with a bad box).

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1482 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...