Sonic Electronix

So I'm getting a 4 channel amp and one 10inch sub. I'm gonna bridge 2 channels to run the sub and the last 2 channels go to the front speakers, one to each. I was told I need about 25ft of speaker wire for all this.

I'm getting this DB kit:

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Amp-Installation-Kit/DB-LINK-4-GAUGE-4-CHANNEL-CAR-AMP-INSTALL-KIT-4-CH.-RCA/XK4B2.aspx

When reading the product description I notice it comes with speaker wire. 17ft of 16g wire.

I was gonna order 20ft of 14g wire for the doors and 5ft of 12g wire for the sub b4 I noticed the speaker wire with the kit.

I have a small toyota corolla and wil running about 200-300 watts RMS total.

With the DB kit is it okay to run 16g instead of 14g for the front doors? Either way I'll run 12g for the sub.

I'd rather not order 14g when I don't need it.

Thanks!

Edited by Moofs

agreed It will be straight but if you want to upgrade in the future then i would go ahead with thicker wire so it wont be as hard on you in the future

agreed It will be straight but if you want to upgrade in the future then i would go ahead with thicker wire so it wont be as hard on you in the future

cool thanks! this saves me some cash. Once I swap this setup over to my next car I'll be adding a pioneer head unit and probably some better coaxials in the front. So I'll upgrade wire then.

So I know I can cut the 17ft wire in half and get 8.5 per side but idk if that is long enough.

Should I use 10ft of the given wire in the kit for one speaker and buy another 16g 10ft wire for the other side?

Or is it possible to just buy 3 feet of the stuff and add it onto the shorter side?

I'm just worried matting two 16inch speaker wires together could be bad, is it? If not whats the best way to do it?

I did a similar set up in a corvette like 2 weeks ago, the speakers were in the dash I used a 50' roll plus. Although, I ran wire from the deck to the back in case he ever wanted some rear sound. I don't think 8.5 will be enough unless the amp is in the front of the car. I don't think 10' would be enough either. Break down and buy a 50' roll. I am sure you will use it eventually.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

I did a similar set up in a corvette like 2 weeks ago, the speakers were in the dash I used a 50' roll plus. Although, I ran wire from the deck to the back in case he ever wanted some rear sound. I don't think 8.5 will be enough unless the amp is in the front of the car. I don't think 10' would be enough either. Break down and buy a 50' roll. I am sure you will use it eventually.

dang rly? Ok.

I'm still gonna get just 5 ft for the sub since it'll be in the trunk which is where I assume the amp will go.

But how is this for speaker wire?

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Speaker-Wire/NEW-MONSTER-CABLE-16-GAUGE-50-FOOT-SPEAKER-WIRE-SPOOL/XLN16S-50.aspx

why are you going to amp your front door speakers only running one 10 running less than 300w. and have you upgraded your door speakers yet or are they still stock if they are stock there not going to handle being amped. when reading in the 4 or 5 other threads you have going i never seen that you upgraded any of your deck or door speakers

Alpine IDA-X200 Car Digital Media Receiver

AMP = power acoustik cpt1 2200d

SUBS = 3 re audio 10"

voodoo fuse and distribution blocks

Voodoo Power Wire

Voodoo RCA Leads