Rogers' $700 dream car! UPDATE page 17... A WALL..

My neighbor has a chevy corsica that he wants $850 for....... maybe I'll just pick it up and start building...

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

700 bucks and it gets u around with some bump, cant beat that. I cant wait to hear it with your other 12 in it. Also I'm getting some Navy Blue Coozies made right now can u guess what im getting put on them???? :peepwall:

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

you may be the only person whos dream car cost 700 bucks. thats a payment for most dream cars lol.

nice work though

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

nice man

2003 CHEVY SILVERADO REG CAB

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

147.3@44 htz & getting louder

Nice dude, looks like your having fun.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

you may be the only person whos dream car cost 700 bucks. thats a payment for most dream cars lol.

nice work though

Well, its my "reasonable dream car"... lol... no my dream car would be a Supra TT with all the mods in the world...lol..

Nice dude, looks like your having fun.

Fuck yeah!

I like the work, keep up the great work.

Nice job on the exhaust, i hate all of my friends' shitty fart can jobs. Most of them are just clamped onto a sawzawed job.

well part of it is clamped together temporarly... as i stated when i was talking about the racing seats... my welder took a shit on me while i was doing the exhaust... but you best believe i got them fucking pipes glowing red hot with the map gas torch and then used the impact wrench on the clamps..... just a little trick i learned in my younger days

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

alright, since im completely undecided on the new enclosure... YOU are going to decide for me... thats right... im going to try to add a poll... and SMD can tell me which enclosure to go with... ill give you my two options with some pros and cons off of the top of my head...

alright, the first option is to do a traditional enclosure and have it firing into the cab, sealed off from the trunk...

here is a sketchup i did of the enclosure:

saturnsa-12outside.jpg

saturnsa-12port.jpg

Pros:

loud

easy to build

less space to cool/heat in summer/winter...lol

cons:

limited space for amps and batteries since it will take up most of the trunk, also means the amp will be mounted to box

i will loose access to the spare tire well

cant fold back seats up, so no passengers

enclosure will have to be installed through the cabin of the car so removal of front seats is necessary

The second option is to build part of the enclosure in the spare tire well, and have the woofers and port facing the rear or 45'd at the trunk lid...

i dont have a sketch of it, but i will model it out of cardboard when im designing it...

Pros:

Loud

Amps can stay where they are

back seats will be able to fold up, so i can have passengers

i think it would look nicer

Cons:

more difficult to design and build, parts of the enclosure will have to be assembled inside the trunk

the easy old slot vent will have to change to a square vent or aero

more trunk rattle

will take longer to build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Seal off the trunk. Put the port on the drivers side instead of the middle. You can still fold you seat up for passengers you just wont be blasting the tunes full volume. Thats how I have the box setup in the Mazda. Make the box fit tight to the trunk opening so its less work to seal things up. Seal off your rear deck really well before you put the box in. Its a bitch doing it after its in, trust me. Had to take our seats out to get ours in, wasnt that bad to do at all.

Archived