Sonic Electronix

whats more important, db or massive air movement

some times flex helps. my friend deadened his whole roof and lost 1db (i think). had to take it all off.

That sounds familiar, does that happen to be gary killian? I also wonder about panel movement help with the lower fqs because a huge panel like the back side of a ext cab truck act as a passive radiator...but could be wrong, hope someone who knows about this chime in.

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

i say screw a meter, if you guys are happy of the way it sounds, then why complain of what it says on the meter? i dont hook up stuff in my car of competitions, i do it becuz i LOVE but LOVE the feeling of bass for your face.lol(power supply), and i would want to have ppl think WTF do you have in your car. i have only 1 18 now, i love it; however, i dont think its loud enough for my expectations of what i want in my car. thats why im adding another one in my car (getting the motor tomorrow to start planning on the recone kits through Fi).

Your box sounds epically small. If it only takes up half your back seats? That would be like 3-4cubes, too small for 1 18". Also don't judge loudness on flex, some cars flex more than others, it is stupid when people are like oh my 12" rattles shit sooo bad, it means that more sound is being lost through vibrating panels. I say it's good that your car doesn't turn to jelly.

the previous owner said the box is 13 sq ft. i drive a nissan xterra(2002 model) and the way i have it in my car is sitting vertical, taking out half the back seat, and half the trunk space. it looks like this

THE BOX THAT IS INSIDE MY CAR

Photo0577.jpg

AND THE WAY IT LOOKS INSIDE MY CAR, YOU CAN SEE ONE SEAT REMOVED SO I CAN RUN THE WIRE WITH NO TROUBLE.

Photo0616.jpg

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

theres a huge hole in your box dawggggg :werd_msword:

thats before i put the terminals back in there. it had 2 sets of terminals for some odd reason. but thanks for noticing. it has a funny story of how i got that sub and box for a $100. lol

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

i say screw a meter, if you guys are happy of the way it sounds, then why complain of what it says on the meter? i dont hook up stuff in my car of competitions, i do it becuz i LOVE but LOVE the feeling of bass for your face.lol(power supply), and i would want to have ppl think WTF do you have in your car. i have only 1 18 now, i love it; however, i dont think its loud enough for my expectations of what i want in my car. thats why im adding another one in my car (getting the motor tomorrow to start planning on the recone kits through Fi).

the previous owner said the box is 13 sq ft. i drive a nissan xterra(2002 model) and the way i have it in my car is sitting vertical, taking out half the back seat, and half the trunk space. it looks like this

THE BOX THAT IS INSIDE MY CAR

Photo0577.jpg

AND THE WAY IT LOOKS INSIDE MY CAR, YOU CAN SEE ONE SEAT REMOVED SO I CAN RUN THE WIRE WITH NO TROUBLE.

Photo0616.jpg

That is fine, the way I read it before it sounded small as. It won't be 13 cubes, looks more like 8 or 9, which is great, you'll need to build a 14-16 cube box if you want 2 18"s though.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

That sounds familiar, does that happen to be gary killian? I also wonder about panel movement help with the lower fqs because a huge panel like the back side of a ext cab truck act as a passive radiator...but could be wrong, hope someone who knows about this chime in.

nope wasnt gary. i dont think he took any deadener out did he? i was talking about my team mate Alpine.

the flex has to do with resonate frequency. if your car resonates at 40hz you can have a lot of fun with that. you will get louder and things with start to move a lot more when the car resonates. especially if your box peaks at your cars resonance. (ever stood on some ones shoulders in the pool and you both jump? if you do it just right you go flying! same concept) now if you deaden your car and now it resonates at 50hz the car wont flex as much at 40hz and you could lose SPL. it shouldnt make that big of a difference for most people if they do lose SPL but ive always heard it sounds better. (hope that made sense... its getting late)

now if you have a ton of cone area and power... you tell the panel how its going to move and it cant do shit about it lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

nope wasnt gary. i dont think he took any deadener out did he? i was talking about my team mate Alpine.

the flex has to do with resonate frequency. if your car resonates at 40hz you can have a lot of fun with that. you will get louder and things with start to move a lot more when the car resonates. especially if your box peaks at your cars resonance. (ever stood on some ones shoulders in the pool and you both jump? if you do it just right you go flying! same concept) now if you deaden your car and now it resonates at 50hz the car wont flex as much at 40hz and you could lose SPL. it shouldnt make that big of a difference for most people if they do lose SPL but ive always heard it sounds better. (hope that made sense... its getting late)

now if you have a ton of cone area and power... you tell the panel how its going to move and it cant do shit about it lol.

Yeah resonation, i use to have ext cab chevy and my box was tuned at 40hz but the truck cab peaked at 30hz on the dash...had no deadner was just moving alot lol...

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

That is fine, the way I read it before it sounded small as. It won't be 13 cubes, looks more like 8 or 9, which is great, you'll need to build a 14-16 cube box if you want 2 18"s though.

to put 2 18s, it is going to take the whole back of the car. i know for sure without a doubt, just need a good spot for my 12ga and amps while having the goodies in the trunk. lol.

Yeah resonation, i use to have ext cab chevy and my box was tuned at 40hz but the truck cab peaked at 30hz on the dash...had no deadner was just moving alot lol...

eh, that probably wasnt the cabin's peak. most trucks peak above 50hz IIRC. its because all the panels are smaller. the only way to test resonance is with a sealed 10" and a TL. well that or you just play with systems in your car so long you figure it out lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived