Sonic Electronix

alright so il start from the beginning. i sold my zx750.1, which everything worked fine when i had it. i get this kx200.2 from a friend to mess around with and wen its hooked up the sub is making a constant noise and noised wen u turn it up or even if thers no music playing.. does the same thing wen its on mids too. so my friend tells me to wrap wire around the headunit pre outs and ground it to the cd player and it works.. but i never had to do any of that before with the 750.1 amp. anyways cool the noise went away, NOW i see my voltage dropping and my battery is dead! complety, and wen i un hooked the headunit it stopped draining, so im wondering if its the wire i wrapped around the rca's or if the deck f'd up? idk but i got jumped and it ran just fine. i go home and plug the deck back in and does the same dam thing! Any opinions or FACTs to y this is happening to me on a beautiful sunday plz let me knw cuz my dad is getting tired of jumpstarting me lol. thanks

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

is the wire touching ONLY the rcas? it could be frayed and touching a 12v contact point on the harness somehow.

ya its wrapped around the red and white sub-out rca like in a figure 8 and then to a screw on the cd players ground

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

as far as i know the reason behind needing to do that (wrapping the wire around the rca outs) is if there is a grounding issue. When your amp doesn't ground properly it tried to ground through the rcas. Doing that patches the problem but if you can ground it better it should help. Im not saying the ground wire either, i mean on the amp internally.

Anyone can jump in and stick my foot in my mouth if im wrong. I prolly am.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

as far as i know the reason behind needing to do that (wrapping the wire around the rca outs) is if there is a grounding issue. When your amp doesn't ground properly it tried to ground through the rcas. Doing that patches the problem but if you can ground it better it should help. Im not saying the ground wire either, i mean on the amp internally.

Anyone can jump in and stick my foot in my mouth if im wrong. I prolly am.

so mabey its my amp ground wire?? cuz it made the noise on the kx kicker amp i tried and a brand new dual mid amp, and everytime i wuld turn the gain up it wuld make it worse. all i know is i didnt have any problems with my last kicker amp. but i havent checked my ground in a while

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

so mabey its my amp ground wire?? cuz it made the noise on the kx kicker amp i tried and a brand new dual mid amp, and everytime i wuld turn the gain up it wuld make it worse. all i know is i didnt have any problems with my last kicker amp. but i havent checked my ground in a while

Check the grounds, set the gains correctly and dont mess with them

Do you have your power wire running near the rca wires?

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Check the grounds, set the gains correctly and dont mess with them

Do you have your power wire running near the rca wires?

no. ther on oppisite sides. and idk mabey they're just shit amps i never had any probs before but who knows its been a while since i had it hooked up

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

you may have your remote wire touching your power wire which is causeing your amp to stay on even after your car is off.thats what happend to me when my remote wire was touching the powerwire.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Archived