Sundown Audio

Just got my Sundown SAE-1200D v1 :yahoo:

I was wondering what size inputs the power and ground were.. they look like 4 gauge but when I asked the guy that sold it to me, he said they were 1/0

Also the operating voltage is 12-15v.. I have an MLA and I some times see voltage as high as 15.6v on a cold start up but then it settles to around 14.8v

Would I have to let it settle before I start slammin so I don't ruin the amp?

Thanks for your help!!

Can't wait to get this amp installed. Its my first Sundown :D

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Just got my Sundown SAE-1200D v1 :yahoo:

I was wondering what size inputs the power and ground were.. they look like 4 gauge but when I asked the guy that sold it to me, he said they were 1/0

Also the operating voltage is 12-15v.. I have an MLA and I some times see voltage as high as 15.6v on a cold start up but then it settles to around 14.8v

Would I have to let it settle before I start slammin so I don't ruin the amp?

Thanks for your help!!

Can't wait to get this amp installed. Its my first Sundown :D

my 1200d v1 allowed 1/0 inputs without issue.

and the amp might go into protect at 15v+ so... give it a shot and let >ME< know. i always wondered...

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

my 1200d v1 allowed 1/0 inputs without issue.

and the amp might go into protect at 15v+ so... give it a shot and let >ME< know. i always wondered...

yeah went to a shop today and bought some RF 4 gauge and it was too small

guess I'll be getting some 1/0

Its 1/0 ....its not going to like over 15 volts /

will it just go into protect?

or will it fry?

lately when I drive the highest I will see is 14.8v so maybe when its a cold start up I'll just leave the amp off until it comes down?

Yeah it will just go into protect, Cody brought his amp over the aq1200 his voltage spiked to 17+v and the amp went In to protect. Then you just reset it, if it goes in to protect.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Yeah it will just go into protect, Cody brought his amp over the aq1200 his voltage spiked to 17+v and the amp went In to protect. Then you just reset it, if it goes in to protect.

might be a little different technology between the AQ and the Sundown but if it just goes into protect then cool but if it fry's I'll take out the MLA

also need to figure out where to put my Sundown sticker :)

Yeah but I think the whole protect thing Is made the same correct me if I'm wrong. But if sundown is built better then the aq and if the aq amp goes into protect then I'm pretty sure the sundown will do the same

Put it ontop of the hatch window under the brake light ;)

BUILDLOG

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Yeah but I think the whole protect thing Is made the same correct me if I'm wrong. But if sundown is built better then the aq and if the aq amp goes into protect then I'm pretty sure the sundown will do the same

Put it ontop of the hatch window under the brake light ;)

true that!

I'll see how it goes, I still need to get a couple feet of 1/0 before I can power it up

I was thinking sundown sticker on the passenger window where your T3 one is and then a T3 sticker on the other window same spot

too bad jacob doesn't send flat black stickers haha!

oh and here's a picture of the amp :wub:

06-07-10_1436.jpg

I have an extra t3 like the one zak and Gary had if you want it.. Also why not paint/clear them before putting tthem on I was gonna do it but didn't know how it would come out so haven't tried it.

BUILDLOG