Sonic Electronix

why is it that some head units are 5 volts or less and others go as high as 8 volts . i had an old eclipse head unit 04 model the real tech one and it was 8volts i notice right away the sound was way better and my sub was hitting harder . so y dont more company's do the higher voltage out put ?

alpine head unit (freebee 2009 model)2 sets of eclpise 5.25 comp. speakers.

1. set is in the a-pilors

1. memphis mojo 2500 watt amp

1. rockford fosgate t2 15"

dual 2 ohm wired to 4 ohm . seeing 600 watts

1. realm audio 600 watt 4ch

Why don't car companies put 22 inch dubs on cars straight from the factory?

OOOOO OOOOO I KNOW I KNOW!!! ITS BECAUSE ITS TOO EXPENSIVE!!

*idk felt like being a little kid in a class room*

why did you start a second thread lol? i assume that the better the voltage the better the clarity and signal to the amp.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Because you can drive a modern amplifier into clipping with all of 0.2v input and nobody runs 20 amplifiers any more since they can get the same power from one big-ass one.

Those super-high voltage decks are a hangover from the days of amps that had noisy input stages so needed 4v or so to be driven properly, combined with the fact that they only made 400wrms so you needed 8 of them in your car to get decent power.

Running high voltage preouts allows you to use less gain so less noise that is picked up along the signal path gets amplified... but if you build your system properly you shouldn't have noticable noise anyway.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived