Second Skin Audio

Building Half Wall In Place Of Rear Seat

I used to have an account on here but lost my login info so please forgive the "noob" status.

About a 3 months ago i got a pair of 15" Rockford Fosgate T1 subs.. I built a box for it, 6.385 cu FT and tuned to 35hz and the box was so big it only had MAYBE 1/2" of clearance on each side, and the top of the box venting into the cabin of the car. I had it facing towards my trunk lid and it literally beat my latch up. It compressed the metal on the latch so now even fully adjusted i cant get it to seal completely. I had it metered and i only hit a 137db. So i knew i had to do something about getting that sound and air into the cabin of the car.

SO,

I removed the top part of my back seat and turned the box around facing the cabin and did not replace the seat. Im going to wall off the rear seat with mdf and seal it off into the cabin. (Crappy drawing below of what i want to do) I have an idea of what i want to do and roughly how to build it all but,

My question is, how do you think i should wrap the face over to the sides of the car to cover up part of the wheel well and sides of the car unexposed from the seat being removed? Ive thought fiberglass, but how could i do it? Im looking for something i would be able to remove the face if need be (im in texas and got hurricanes to worry about) and also the box has to be installed and removed by going through the backseat area. I plan on very soon building a fiberglass rear deck & front door pods. Im just wanting to get this all planned first before i do it.. (Do it once & do it right) But any help is truely appreciated.

Thanks Again,

bumpnthump05

DSC01209.jpg

DSC01206.jpg

DSC01204.jpg

Loud & Proud

1995 Honda Civic

Head: Pioneer AVIC-F700BT

Front Stage: 6.5" Pioneer Cheapo's

Rear Stage: 6.5" Pioneer Cheapo's

Subs: (1) Audioque HDC3 10" (3.0cu ft) Tuned To 30hz

Sub Amp: Audioque AQ3500D

Wiring: Phoenix Gold 4 gauge & Rockford Fosgate Circuit Breaker

Electrical: Stock Alt, Stock Battery (Front) & Optima Blue Top (Trunk)

OLD SPL IN CAMRY = 143.5db LEGAL @37hz (6/12/10)

Should be nice

Team DC Audio : Team Shok : Team NWSPL Co-Founder

Head: Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

Front Stage: Morel Tempo 6.5's/ CDT 6.5's

Subs: (4) 15'' DC XL's, 15 cubes @ 38hz

Sub Amps: (2) Shok 5k's

Speaker Amp: Shok 100.4

Wiring: Shok Industries 1/0

Electrical: White Mechman 270/Adjustable Voltage/3 Shuriken BT120's/3 XS XP3000's

FPiYT.jpg?9395

as far as it looking better and the metal not showing... you would be suprised how far some felt and a can of spray adhesive goes...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

as far as it looking better and the metal not showing... you would be suprised how far some felt and a can of spray adhesive goes...

you know.. I never thought about that.... HMMM see this is what i needed was some tips or "this is what i would do" comments.. My mind has been all in a daze because im trying to design mine while im designing a build for a 01 mustang as well but that is designed im just trying to research things to fancy it up.

Loud & Proud

1995 Honda Civic

so what you want to do is put a big ass box in the rear seat.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

There is no such thing as half wall. How many fucking times do we have to hear this bullshit? Its a box in the backseat or a box firing forward sealed off from the trunk. Half-wall, FFFFUUUU

Sorry.

Loud & Proud

1995 Honda Civic

There is no such thing as half wall. How many fucking times do we have to hear this bullshit? Its a box in the backseat or a box firing forward sealed off from the trunk. Half-wall, FFFFUUUU

You mad bro? All the guy is doing is asking for help and you clearly didn't give him any.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?