Remote Starter/alarm For A Manual Trans

I cant say weather or not they make any just for a manual tranny, I wont hook any up in a manual due to leagal liabilities, though I know some other installers who do. My friend hooked a viper up to his cavi which was a manual. One of his friends left in in 1st after borrowing it and returning it ti the shop and when my friend hit start......cavi into a brick wall!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

The only one that i know of is compustar...Which is the alarm that i have, i used it on my 2.2 manual s10. There is a certain sequence that you must do things in for it to be able to let you remote start. the sequence is you pull up to park, you put it in neutral, let off the clutch, and then put on the parking brake, and then the brain will make a click noise and you can turn your key off and it will remote start. the vehicle is still running when you shut it off and pull your keys out and then it shuts the vehicle off and arms the alarm when the door is shut. you can unarm it and it will still start but you cannot open your door or it will not remote start. if you have any questions about it lemme know, i installed it in my own truck, it wasnt fun but i did it.

xa-1.gif

i was reading that about this other one...i think it was a skytec or something...about the sequence stuff and the ebrake has a thing on it or something.

how much and where did you get your compustar one?

oh and what model is it?

Edited by kevinb721

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean

I got mine at cost when i went to Installer Institute, it was around 250 for the alarm with a motion sensor for inside the truck and a hood pin. I believe it is around a 500-600 dollar alarm. Ill look for the manual for it and let you know the model number

xa-1.gif

• 3 months later...

I hate doing remote starts on manuals... i've done a jetta, s10, and civic. Only reason I did them was because it was for good friends, I would never do one for a customer. You can put pretty much any remote start on a manual, you just won't have some of the safety features.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Compustar has a pro line also.

So, in their entry line it is a 2wshlcd with manual brain.

In the pro line it is a p2w900fmas and it will do auto or manual

You can check out all of the stuff here.

If you buy a pro unit you have to have it installed at a pro dealer.

If you need help buying a reg line unit just shoot me a pm.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz