Sundown Audio

AMP gets hot

jeyrapboy

if you cant cook an egg on it its fine

lol my first 600w kenwood amp i had got that hot all the time last summer. I guess thats what happens wen ur doing 2ohms brigded on a 2 chan lol. But ya I literally could fry an egg on that amp.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Good guess. Yea the smart shoppers right not to far from me has sales.

and dont forget prime is entry level.grounds power yes.and make sure ur speaker connections arent frayed and connected well.a rub threw wire will cause resistance..ie heat...

JAMES SAID..

you dont need 1500 for a WOOFER people just love overpowering rather then building for the power recommended

THATS A SMART GUY...

and dont forget prime is entry level.grounds power yes.and make sure ur speaker connections arent frayed and connected well.a rub threw wire will cause resistance..ie heat...

Thanks

just check simple things first, its almost always something simple that will cause issues with your setup. you know how to measure for voltage drops and own a DMM? it only takes seconds to do and can give you a great starting point of what needs to be worked on... because my guess is there is a slight vdrop on a connection or terminal somewhere.

Custom Sounds NW takes your ideas and turns them into your reality.

Custom enclosures, consultations, service and installation of mobile electronics and home theater equipment.

References available!

My FB Page

Two fully loaded fi SSD18's + Soundstream Rubicon RUB1.2500D wired to .5 ohm for 3600 RMS = Bass for your face!

just check simple things first, its almost always something simple that will cause issues with your setup. you know how to measure for voltage drops and own a DMM? it only takes seconds to do and can give you a great starting point of what needs to be worked on... because my guess is there is a slight vdrop on a connection or terminal somewhere.

I know how to check for voltage drop. My DMM just broke on me so i have to wait till i run across some money to pick another one up.

when you build your amp, if the amp will be enclosed, definitely add a fan. it will help a ton.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

harbor freight is your friend, bud, 3 bucks will buy you a simple DMM that will get the job done, and is just as accurate as a 150 dollar fluke, with a few less features, of course.

That is- if you even have a Harbor Freight in your area.

Custom Sounds NW takes your ideas and turns them into your reality.

Custom enclosures, consultations, service and installation of mobile electronics and home theater equipment.

References available!

My FB Page

Two fully loaded fi SSD18's + Soundstream Rubicon RUB1.2500D wired to .5 ohm for 3600 RMS = Bass for your face!

Archived