Amplifier Question

I'm looking for an amplifier that will put out 800 to 1000 watts RMS at two/eight ohms bridged (highly unlikely) or 400-500 watts RMS into two channels at 4 ohms. From my internet browsing, I've noticed that pro audio amplifiers have a tendency to be a bit cheaper than plate amplifiers of the same power at the expense of fan noise (and I don't care about that; I don't notice my 360's fan noise).

SO. I've been looking at these two:

Crown XLS 202

Crown XLS 1000

The XLS 1000 is like one hundred bucks more expensive, but it puts out less power where I need it to. Being that they are from the same manufacturer, I'd assume that there is some feature I'm missing. I also don't know if the wattages listed are RMS watts or peak watts (though with Crown being a respected name, I'd assume that's RMS watts).

Basically, this is me asking if either amp is a good match for what I'm looking to do, and/or if there are other amps that can equal or surpass these for the same money or less (preferably from

Amazon/Parts Express. An extremely limiting requirement, I know).

EDIT: fixed links

EDIT2: And this is going to be run off of my reciever with a single RCA sub out.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

On crowns website, it says the 202 puts out 600rms and the 1000 puts out 700rms both at 8 ohms. Id just go with the 202 for cheaper price.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Just to let you know depending on your receiver the voltage output on the sub out of your receiver might not be high enough for the amp to reach it's full potential. You might have to get a line driver to boost the receiver's sub out. I use one of these.

samson s-convert

Good luck with your project.

Archived