TEAM SKAR AUDIO (12) - vvx12"s astro van

ok decided to re-do my rear section all together. the old kicker 6.5"s and tweets sound good but they just aint gittin it done. they arent gonna take the power when i turn those amps up where they should be. so i decided to go with the crescendo pro audio 6.5"s in the rear x4 with a couple of thier super tweets ( 1 on each side). still tossing around the idea of throwing the crescendo's in the doors to and making new door pods. maybe 3 or 4 6.5's in each door with a super tweet in each, but still havent decided on that set up yet. soooo bye bye kicker and hello cresceno

:morepower1:

btw. im entered in the S.O.T.M. contest so votes are appreciated :drink40:

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

ya u dont see to many ocal shaped ports. guess we'l see how it works out. but i got a update. ordered 2 more of the 2400.1's for a total of 6 going to be in in it now. gonna strap them and run 4 subs per strapped pair in 1 ohm. also got 6 of the 12 skars in last night at work during some down time. heres the kind of pioneer h/u i got now

AVH-P4300DVD_reg.jpg

6 of the 12 vvx12's in so far

0128122357a.jpg

0128122358.jpg

0128122357.jpg

heres what i used to screw them down. was thinking of t nuts but the way the square hole baffle is behind them it wouldnt work right. so i went with thses and they work good

0128122214a.jpg

You gotta lift the gasket before screwing else you'll wind up with some permanent damage (cosmetically)

i woulda needed another hand to do that and there just wasnt room in there for it. trust me they are holding up fine and have a tight seal. but on to the news. heres the new additions to the family. got 2 of my new crescendo tweets today to go in the rear. waiting on crescendo to send me my invoice to order the rest now. but heres what came

0216121801a.jpg

0216121801.jpg

and heres the view from driving behind me at night

0213122133.jpg

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

well the 2 amps i was having a problem with wasnt a wiring problem. everything was hooked up right. they were both fried right out of the box. 1 went up in smoke when i put the power wire on and the other wont even turn on. so ya im kinda :fing23: rite now. hopefully i can get the ppl who sold them to me to replace them with out having to go threw a big ass hastle with opening a paypal case against them

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

nice work on the amp rack and bars. shitty bout the amps though :/ good luck!

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

Sucks on the amps. Like you said, hopefully they won't give you trouble...

I am diggin' the fuse bar!

Oh... and this:

and heres the view from driving behind me at night

0213122133.jpg

is off the chain! :drink40: :drink40: :drink40:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Archived