Sonic Electronix

Hey SMD's!! wazzap brothers?! Well my question is pretty simple...I have been seeing a lot of people doing builds mostly in SUV's..And setups in trunk cars are getting very rare..My point is if there are some people doing trunk builds and got some experience with it i wold like to know something..What is best for a sedan car with the back seats always up..Sub firing up and port firing @ the back?? or sub and port both firing @ the back?? which makes it sound a lot louder??

Any ideas are welcome!! and i hope i made myself clear!

Cheers :drinks:

With trunk only, most cars tend to sound best with sub and port firing back...but each one is different. If possible, move the box around to see what sounds best.

Porting the rear deck is a great way to let some of that trunk sound into the cabin, no matter what you choose.

With trunk only, most cars tend to sound best with sub and port firing back...but each one is different. If possible, move the box around to see what sounds best.

Porting the rear deck is a great way to let some of that trunk sound into the cabin, no matter what you choose.

this ^

subs back port back, you can also try subs back port to drivers side. there are other trhings that you can do as well that will help you gain some output for instance taking out your deck speakers and allowing some airflow in that way, but as said above subs forward and porting the rear deck is by far the best way to get max output out of a trunk set up that have seats that don't fold down.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

Thanks for the advice guys!! So i think i will go with sub back and port firing back! and port on drivers side! @ jizazz12 cant get rid of the deck speakers bro!! dont have enough space on the doors to add mids and highs! :(

some cars have an armrest that flips down with a whole to reach into the trunk.

if so you could leave that down

Thanks for the advice guys!! So i think i will go with sub back and port firing back! and port on drivers side! @ jizazz12 cant get rid of the deck speakers bro!! dont have enough space on the doors to add mids and highs! :(

that should sound good, lets know how you make out .

good luck.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

i say subs back and port threw rear deck int he middle of the deck that way you can leave you rear speakersin but Id do a fiberglass enclosure for the rear deck speakers

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

i have a corolla and i have my 2 12'' w3s ported all aimed straight back. its pretty loud. just leave your seats laying flat when your driving around and put them back up when your parked

NEW ORLEANS SLAP

Alpine CDE-103BT

2 12'' JL Audio W3v3-4

Hifonics HIF1500.1

i unno if its just me but why does how the sub face make a diff in a ported box?

pritty much all the sound is comeing from the port anyways so what does faceing the subs do to change sound?

and porting threw rear deck sounds good but if u cant get a big enough hole in the deck it will sound like ass

every car ive heard that was ported in rear deck was loud as shit

i heard a monticarlo with 2 l7 12's that was ported threw rear deck and it got down something fierce, i think it was 4 or 6'' by 12 or 14'' rectangle

im gunna do a trunk car with 2 15's and i still dunno how its gunna fit, might halfto angle the front of the box to get enough room for em to fit, my seats fold down tho so there gunna be faceing into cabbin, fireing into cabbin is louder but only if u can seal it off from rest of trunk, all the sound goes back into trunk and sets there so ur not really getting any efficiency out of it

mines gunna be sealed firing forward, i was gunna try firing backward but trunk rattle would sound like shit lol

but all cars are different so u'll halfto play with ur box to see what will sound best for you

anyways good luck

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif