Sundown Audio

more dmm tuning... ugh

Integra_boomer

No... Bass knob = volum strictly for amp... bass boost = boosting certian frequency I think rockfor bass boost knobs boost like 45 or something and it has a slope so if a song peaks at 45 hz on the bass, and that peak is really close to clipping and you boost it... basically you just insta clipped that shit.

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

i play alot of decaf and i know his songs go low. and it has 2 knobs. one for the bass and another for the frequencys. i put it like a quarter up. but anyways back on topic. what to do with dmm? why do they say turn it at 0 then adjust them after you set the gain? wont that cause clipping?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

then why do they say set them at 0?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

i play alot of decaf and i know his songs go low. and it has 2 knobs. one for the bass and another for the frequencys. i put it like a quarter up. but anyways back on topic. what to do with dmm? why do they say turn it at 0 then adjust them after you set the gain? wont that cause clipping?

ya sure as hell would because it would raise the voltage more.. im bout to say eff it. just set the gain and leave the settings alone

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

im going to set my hu how i like then im about to set my gain again

1j1450.png

Set the settings on the Hu, like you will set them normally, then tune it.

if u change the EQ u change voltage ouput on the HU.

ya i think il do this. So what is the actull EQ on the hu? like low-mid-high?

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Just set the voltage a little lower than recommended, like 1 or 2 volts less to compensate for your HU adjustments. Also, turn your bass knob all the way UP when you use the DMM to set it so you don't go over with voltage when you use your knob.

Just set the voltage a little lower than recommended, like 1 or 2 volts less to compensate for your HU adjustments. Also, turn your bass knob all the way UP when you use the DMM to set it so you don't go over with voltage when you use your knob.

ya or i just disconnect it.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

any EQ setting on your HU raises voltage.... set your head unit the way you like it and then adjust the gain on the amp to the proper setting...

if you use a bass knob, turn it all the way up before setting the gain...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Archived