Sundown Audio

more dmm tuning... ugh

Integra_boomer

I know you guys get tired of these q's about tuning but I really want to know the best way to do it. I have a 15" CVX on a 1500.1 and il b tuning it with a dmm. the thing is i have so many settings on my hu that raise the voltage and people have told me to set everything to zero and then adjust the gain on the amp. okay so say i do set the amps gain for ex to 44V, but what about the hu? do i just not touch anything on it since the gain is set on the amp or what?

Meade has really good vid's on this subject. I would trust his word from what I've seen.

• 3 weeks later...

Line driver increases the pre-outs voltage to your amp.So you are sending a stronger signal to your amp. An ex. hu preouts 2v. With linedriver 4v to something.

So if you then play with the settings before the line driver was added in may cause you to clip the magnets off your sub.

Headunit->kdx-493

memphis mojo mc2000d modded.

Stinger Cables 1/0

soundstream reference r1-15(can get nasty)

hifonics zxi6.5 components