Sonic Electronix

Absolute cheapest setup, can it be under 180?

Hey guys, so I found this kit online which I was gonna get.

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Subwoofer-Amplifier-Packages/RE-AUDIO-12-SUBWOOFERBOXSOUNDSTREAM-DI175.1-AMPKIT/SBREX12D4---DI175.1---XK8Z.aspx

I mean it seems awesome but I was wondering if I can even go cheaper? I know this sounds bad but my mom is constantly telling me to not buy this stuff for my car and its getting to me.

Do you guys think I can go cheaper?

Maybe something like an 8g amp kit, amp for the sub, sealed box and an 8 or a 10inch sub.

Do you think its possible to make a setup for less than 180 that is as good as this? I just dont want anything that is gonna make my system worse or catch the car on fire from overheating. lol

I just wanna add decent bass to my music.

That actually doesn't look half bad of a kit, especially for the price. If you want a quick and easy first system, its a good deal.

I dont know of any kits that are less than that, other than the boss amplified sub kits, and they aren't anything special, but you wont be winning too many bass heads over with them.

The amp kit is probably questionable on the wire gauges, but with the amount of power that amp will use, it will be fine.

Custom Sounds NW takes your ideas and turns them into your reality.

Custom enclosures, consultations, service and installation of mobile electronics and home theater equipment.

References available!

My FB Page

Two fully loaded fi SSD18's + Soundstream Rubicon RUB1.2500D wired to .5 ohm for 3600 RMS = Bass for your face!

I'd check out the for sale section and maybe you can find some good stuff for cheap

2000 GMC sierra 1500 ext cab

KMC XD Spy series rims

Front doors Fosgate punch 6 1/2's stock tweets

Rear doors Fosgate power 4x6's

Probox 10 and box under rear seat

Rockford fosgate R-500 Prime series amp (537 rms)

4 gauge wiring

That actually doesn't look half bad of a kit, especially for the price. If you want a quick and easy first system, its a good deal.

I dont know of any kits that are less than that, other than the boss amplified sub kits, and they aren't anything special, but you wont be winning too many bass heads over with them.

The amp kit is probably questionable on the wire gauges, but with the amount of power that amp will use, it will be fine.

haha I mean I dont plan to go to any shows or anything. lol. I drive a 94 toyota corolla. Only ppl who will listen are me and my friends who dont know jack about car audio. I'm honestly looking for cheap bass.

Yeah I figured that even that 8g kit would be enough for my small setup.

Like you said, boss isn't anything special but then again, I'm not looking for anything special. So if you know of something that will do okay, please suggest it.

I'm basically looking for the cheapest reliable setup I can find.

Also to comment on the last post. I think I'll start looking at used stuff.

On craigs list I found this:

"Sony Xplode 12" and Power Acoustic Gothic Series 2 Channel 420 Watts"

It is in a ported box and the amp is screwed to the box.

All I'll need is the amp kit and I should be set.

It all costs 125 or OBO so I'll offer 100$.

I think I'll try this to just piece something together myself.

Also to comment on the last post. I think I'll start looking at used stuff.

On craigs list I found this:

"Sony Xplode 12" and Power Acoustic Gothic Series 2 Channel 420 Watts"

It is in a ported box and the amp is screwed to the box.

All I'll need is the amp kit and I should be set.

It all costs 125 or OBO so I'll offer 100$.

I think I'll try this to just piece something together myself.

The kit you mentioned first is far better than the sony stuff, plus the other one is new and abuse free. The extra $70 is worth it IMO.

And if your mom is telling you not to buy car audio, then tell her to screw off and not buy unnecessary clothes because you can make your own decisions with your money. If that fails, go buy it yourself without telling her, she will get over it.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

The kit you mentioned first is far better than the sony stuff, plus the other one is new and abuse free. The extra $70 is worth it IMO.

And if your mom is telling you not to buy car audio, then tell her to screw off and not buy unnecessary clothes because you can make your own decisions with your money. If that fails, go buy it yourself without telling her, she will get over it.

This.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.