Sonic Electronix

Make it even easier. put 1 - D1400 under the hood and 3 - S1400's in the back and a minimum of 1 300amp alt under the hood. 2 alts would be golden. Go with 2 270XP alts from DC power even. They come with a 15.1 volt set point right off the bench. I would also consider adding a VCM to keep your set point where you want. You could probably maintain a 15.1 - 15.3 voltage with this setup all day.

Just helped Chode do this very setup in his Durango. He can slam on his system all day and have his voltage sitting in the high 14's.

mind telling me what subs, size and how many your getting? what car its going into?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i don't know what's worse.. the fact that the guy quoted himself and had a conversation with himself FOUR times on page one. Or the fact that he asks for advice and gets pissy calling us haters when we try to lay it straight to him.

seriously though. stick around, learn some of the math involved with wattage and amperage, and you'll realize that to keep your voltage up to feed those amps to get that 4k+ watts outta each one, you'll have to have enough alternators to excede the amperage rating of the combined amps. (1000 amps.. 3 300's + 1 200 alts will give you the excess you need)

without that, you'll be stuck with the under load voltage of your battery bank which will be at best 12.8 volts.

i don't know what's worse.. the fact that the guy quoted himself and had a conversation with himself FOUR times on page one. Or the fact that he asks for advice and gets pissy calling us haters when we try to lay it straight to him.

seriously though. stick around, learn some of the math involved with wattage and amperage, and you'll realize that to keep your voltage up to feed those amps to get that 4k+ watts outta each one, you'll have to have enough alternators to excede the amperage rating of the combined amps. (1000 amps.. 3 300's + 1 200 alts will give you the excess you need)

without that, you'll be stuck with the under load voltage of your battery bank which will be at best 12.8 volts.

but thats only if he keeps it at 2k rpm. if he is at idle he might get mad about the voltage drop :popcorn:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

seriously though. stick around, learn some of the math involved with wattage and amperage

Do this, seriously. Dont buy shit until you get more educated about what your getting into. I thought I knew when I started but have learned a lot as I went along. I wound up with 3 alternators and 4 batteries and a lot of cable. A lot more than I thought I would when I started. Im running about the same amount of power as you too. You can get away with a little less if your just going to a comp and playing your system for a few minutes. But if your going to pound on it daily like I do you need a good solid reliable electrical system.

Archived