Lights Flashing and Occasional Sound

as of right now, i'm hoping that there are some general reasons (as in you don't need to know the specific brand), because it'd just be easier lol. anyway, i recently realized that when i push the lock or unlock button on my remote, i didn't hear the *beep* or *beep, beep*. i realized that there could be water getting into the siren, so i repositioned it so that it could dry out and hopefully work. so it, out of no where, began to work again but it was low. i rewired it. still low. i figured, maybe this siren just sucks. then i hit the car to make the alarm go off, just to see how it would sound, and it was low, then it cut off. the lights were still flashing, but there was no sound. then maybe 5 seconds after it stopped, it made a little squeak noise. now its back to not working. could this be the siren or my whole alarm system?? thanks

as of right now, i'm hoping that there are some general reasons (as in you don't need to know the specific brand), because it'd just be easier lol. anyway, i recently realized that when i push the lock or unlock button on my remote, i didn't hear the *beep* or *beep, beep*. i realized that there could be water getting into the siren, so i repositioned it so that it could dry out and hopefully work. so it, out of no where, began to work again but it was low. i rewired it. still low. i figured, maybe this siren just sucks. then i hit the car to make the alarm go off, just to see how it would sound, and it was low, then it cut off. the lights were still flashing, but there was no sound. then maybe 5 seconds after it stopped, it made a little squeak noise. now its back to not working. could this be the siren or my whole alarm system?? thanks

it sounds like you already know your problem man. the siren probably got f*%ked and it isnt working anymore. but run a full test...if unlock/lock, remote start (if appl), lights, etc. are all working, then Id say its your siren. pick up a new one, (there cheap enough) and hook it up.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Cool. Thanks guys. Pretty much wanted to be sure before doing anything. Oh and everything is working. It's pretty much just the sound that's going in and out. Will get a siren today and let my results be known.

Apparently I have to order it since both autozon. And pep boys don't sell them. Don't really know where else would sell them.

Edited by 8000watts

Cool. Thanks guys. Pretty much wanted to be sure before doing anything. Oh and everything is working. It's pretty much just the sound that's going in and out. Will get a siren today and let my results be known.

Apparently I have to order it since both autozon. And pep boys don't sell them. Don't really know where else would sell them.

If autozone is the dealer that carries your alarm then there lies your problem.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

If autozone is the dealer that carries your alarm then there lies your problem.

oh no it wasn't them that i got it from. i just wanted to try there because they were close and i thought it would be convenient. guess not so maybe i'll check amazon??