Jump to content

12" subs for a mini ground pounder!!


Recommended Posts

Posted

So I read on a lot of forums but never posted hear. In the near future I need to upgrade my subs (current ones wont last much longer). Ideas of brands and models to help with desision is what Im looking for. I will pre-thank everyone for the input (heard and see this is a helpful forum)

Vehicle 92 toyota regular cab pickup

Current setup is 4 alpine type R's powered by a sd8k @2 ohms in a 6th order peaking around 30hz

Goal another 6th order peaking around the same but will be using all 8k of the amp. I want a low end air moving monster and thats why I say mini ground pounder.

I know its not huge but here is a quick vid that was taken this last sat at the local comp :)

The song is the slowed version of 3-6- mafia Late nite something another

th_MOV00799.jpg

Thanks again

1993 toyota pickup

head unit- kdc-x994

mids- jl xr 3ways with extra set of 6.5s

mids amp- nothing special yet

subs- 2 dc lvl6 m2s

sub amps- 2 dc 5ks

alts- 2 stock chevy ad244s

batts- 5 amg g31s & 1 amg g24

TEAM DC AUDIO!

TEAM NWSPL!

Posted

hmm, 2 DC audio level 5 12's :)

Edit: Pics of your set-up?

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Posted

what scores are you seeing out of this?

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

Posted

You've been a member since November of '09 and just now posted? Talk about a lurker!

Joking aside, by 'use the full power of the amp' do you mean you want a 1 ohm load with the new woofers?

EDIT: you freakin' ninjas!

Too many projects, too little time...

Posted

K ill get some pics up in a sec of you guys, Yes I need a one ohm load but Im doing 4 12s, yes Im a good lurker, dont feel that I am the most knowlegeable but know enough to do what I want to do.

The scores where of a ac meter, but a buddy of mine that is on here too I beleive does a 150-151 on a TL he had a 149.? and a 150.6. I did a 151.6 with a 25hz test tone a 153.2 at 30hz and a 153.0 with a slowed version of 3-6 mafia

1993 toyota pickup

head unit- kdc-x994

mids- jl xr 3ways with extra set of 6.5s

mids amp- nothing special yet

subs- 2 dc lvl6 m2s

sub amps- 2 dc 5ks

alts- 2 stock chevy ad244s

batts- 5 amg g31s & 1 amg g24

TEAM DC AUDIO!

TEAM NWSPL!

Posted

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

12s.jpg

1993 toyota pickup

head unit- kdc-x994

mids- jl xr 3ways with extra set of 6.5s

mids amp- nothing special yet

subs- 2 dc lvl6 m2s

sub amps- 2 dc 5ks

alts- 2 stock chevy ad244s

batts- 5 amg g31s & 1 amg g24

TEAM DC AUDIO!

TEAM NWSPL!

Posted

shit, i don't care what meter you're using, fifties at 25Hz is nuts!

As for subs, you could try DC 4XL maybe? Or I think those new Sundown Nightshades are rated right around 2k each.

Too many projects, too little time...

Posted

The DC L4xl's were one that poped in my mind, forgot about nightshades (dont know why I swaped a saz1500 out for the SD8k)

1993 toyota pickup

head unit- kdc-x994

mids- jl xr 3ways with extra set of 6.5s

mids amp- nothing special yet

subs- 2 dc lvl6 m2s

sub amps- 2 dc 5ks

alts- 2 stock chevy ad244s

batts- 5 amg g31s & 1 amg g24

TEAM DC AUDIO!

TEAM NWSPL!

Posted

shit, i don't care what meter you're using, fifties at 25Hz is nuts!

As for subs, you could try DC 4XL maybe? Or I think those new Sundown Nightshades are rated right around 2k each.

Thankyou for the compliment. If the R's make it that long I should have TL #'s Saturday as Im making a 700+ mile road trip this weekend to a comp in WA.

1993 toyota pickup

head unit- kdc-x994

mids- jl xr 3ways with extra set of 6.5s

mids amp- nothing special yet

subs- 2 dc lvl6 m2s

sub amps- 2 dc 5ks

alts- 2 stock chevy ad244s

batts- 5 amg g31s & 1 amg g24

TEAM DC AUDIO!

TEAM NWSPL!

  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3264 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...