T2 15 or BTL 12

mase:)

Idk i have a T2 15 thats loud and low but i heard about the btl and just thinking to trying something different. Box would be around 32-34 hz for btl and current box for t2 is 32hz. I also heard btls are not loud at all compared to any t2 and all they do is move a lot of air. btl would run of a aq2200 or aq3500? Thanks

Thanks for the laugh. BTL not loud compared to a T2. Now that shit is funny. Seriously the BTL can get down and can get quite loud. Comparing a 1000 rms woofer to a 2000 rms woofer is just crazy. You would be suprised how low and loud the BTL will get. As for just moving air. As for moving air. All woofers move air.

wc_zps9b224b53.png

ill start by saying that ive owned every sub u can buy at any audio shop. i wanted something different so i order to fi bl 15s. they made everything that ive owned in the past look like shit. 1 sub was almost as loud to the ear as 4 12w3s. IF u have the power get a btl if u dont pick up a loaded up bl. you'l forget all about the t2

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719

Here's my opinion...if you think a t2 is loud I'm not sure youre ready for s btl. The subs aren't really on the same plane. Not that the. T2 is a bad sub, but not a btl.

2007 Cadillac Escalade

Alpine Headunit

Infinnity Kappa 6.5" components powered by 250.2 kicker amp

Currently sitting in my garage waiting to be installed:

3 18" Ascendant Audio Mayhems

3 Rockford Fosgate T40001bds

6 kinetiks batteries

dual 300 amp alternators from Iraggi

My Two BTL 15's were approximately 1-2 dbs louder than FOUR T2 15s on the meter.

/ story

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Lol. Of course the sub comes into play when talking about massive air movement. But like a lot of audio installations its about the setup. You could have a setup aimed at gaining deebees or performing heavenly boob tricks ie moving air.

But the laugh was at the statement that btls don't get as loud as a t2 but only move air. Put both subs in a 'correct box with 1000 watts and you'll hear, see, and feel the difference.

I'm assuming a shop selling rockford told you this which isn't a problem but understand their job is to sell their product. they're not going to tell you something else is better

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

dude my btl 12 is so loud. i was surprised at how huge the magnent was LOL no body belives me when i tell them its only 1 12 after they get a demo. look up vids on youtube of peoples systems with btl 12's

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Archived