Man, I have been getting more and more problems with my computer... I think I have a bad bottleneck somewhere but I dont know what it could be... I was chillen on aim, had some other shit opened, and the computer was slowen up, right before it started getting slow I double clicked a song to open and it froze up then my PC reset. When I got logged back on it said "Windows has recovered from a serious error" and I sent the report, and all it said is there is no resolution for the problem, but keep sending in the logs... I wish that my car project was done, so I could get some cash for that SLi set up i keep dreaming about...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

I got every virus program but I havent installed them yet. I will never install norton on this computer... I would rather trash it then buy norton...

Here is my set up if someone can tell me what is wrong with it

AMD X2 3800+ 2.4 OC'ed

6600GT eVGA 128 video card

1 gigs corsair ram (XMS, 512x2)

Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939

Seagate 250 Gig hard drive (IDE) I really wanna raptor, im looking into it...

Lite on CD and DVD burners

Thermaltake 420 Watt PSU

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

I got every virus program but I havent installed them yet. I will never install norton on this computer... I would rather trash it then buy norton...

Here is my set up if someone can tell me what is wrong with it

AMD X2 3800+ 2.4 OC'ed

6600GT eVGA 128 video card

1 gigs corsair ram (XMS, 512x2)

Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939

Seagate 250 Gig hard drive (IDE) I really wanna raptor, im looking into it...

Lite on CD and DVD burners

Thermaltake 420 Watt PSU

X2. Norton is overrated in my opinion. There are free proggys that actually remove viruses...not just get a heart-attack like norton.

Did you buy all these parts from Directron? I'm almost positive. Cuz I got the exact same shopping list for a comp. I'm building for someone. Xcept for the PSU

I dont know if this worked, but I wanted to quote both of you....

Anyways, I have tested and re tested it is stable at this... All This just recently happened. The more I think about it the more I believe it is this bluetooth adapter that I bought to transfer stuff from my phone to my computer. Its really laggy when you try to open it and stuff, maybe that is conflicting with the OS or something. I bought all the parts from Newegg.com A buddy of mine's computer crashed and he let me get some parts (Mobo and processor) and then I sent my old mobo and processor to Wicked (member of this forum) and now he is happy so thanks to my buddy whose computer crashed hahaha. Anyways "F" Norton... Just had to throw that in there...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

a word about overclocking: problems may not arise immediately. my system is overclocked to the limit on air-cooling; and when it get's dusty and the heat starts to rise,

it becomes a problem...it shuts down suddenly and restarts. i know automatically what that means. sometimes im lazy and just clock it down instead of cleaning it. like right now i'm running @ 2.6 Ghz per core so it's fine. But when I clean it its back up to 2.9 - 3. so if you don't have adequate cooling (more than adequate), you could be pushing your luck.

p.s i know that was more than one word but what the heck

Edited by Dale

only way to know if your OC is stable is to download memtest86 I think it is, and let your pc sit and test for at least 16 hours straight. If you crash or get an error your not OC stable.

Other wise microsoft antispy, avg by grisoft, spybot are good FREE programs to make sure you are virus and spyware free.

Also dust is a major factor if your running air cooling, and even stock air cooling. Invest in a zalman cpu cooler for sure!

Man, I have been getting more and more problems with my computer... I think I have a bad bottleneck somewhere but I dont know what it could be... I was chillen on aim, had some other shit opened, and the computer was slowen up, right before it started getting slow I double clicked a song to open and it froze up then my PC reset. When I got logged back on it said "Windows has recovered from a serious error" and I sent the report, and all it said is there is no resolution for the problem, but keep sending in the logs... I wish that my car project was done, so I could get some cash for that SLi set up i keep dreaming about...

i have always run some programs and always have kept my pc runnin like new. u should give them a try.

the short list is...

- window washer

- avg anti-spyware

- ad-aware se professional

give them a search, try them, and feel free to pm me if u need help man :) i hope that helps

• '02 Jetta
  • (1) Fi Btl 18 Inch Sub
  • Big box FTW!
  • Installed the HU.. finally...
  • Look for a H.O. Alt
    yea... it bangs.. but still need some few things

0000002102154.gif

0001897780.gif

00000000004987.gif