Second Skin Audio

Amplifier question

BJD3

EDIT: This was a sub question but I found my answer. I'd still like the answer to the second part. Mods please move.

Also, I know this is more an amplifier question and not a subwoofer/enclosure question, but would I see any difference between running the AP15001d at 750 watts and getting an amplifier that does closer to the RMS rating I'll actually be using? Like instead of getting the AP if I got like the Kicker ZX750, would there be any difference or is 750 watts 750 watts?

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

It depends on the name brand because some brands are underrated and don't do rated power and some do but what makes an amp cheaper are the parts they use.

Some brands rate their amps at peak power and some rate them at RMS but don't really do RMS but Kicker is an underrated amp if you run a 14.4v system.

Hope this helps cause didn't fully understand the question lol sorry

2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6

Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP

Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way

Component System

Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

refs: DC_Power_Kyle

EDIT: This was a sub question but I found my answer. I'd still like the answer to the second part. Mods please move.

Also, I know this is more an amplifier question and not a subwoofer/enclosure question, but would I see any difference between running the AP15001d at 750 watts and getting an amplifier that does closer to the RMS rating I'll actually be using? Like instead of getting the AP if I got like the Kicker ZX750, would there be any difference or is 750 watts 750 watts?

Putting nominal ratings and efficiency aside, both of them will do 750 @ 2-ohms. My choice would be the AP since you would have overhead and more scalability to upgrade.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

If both amps are doing 750rms on the birth sheets then the only factor I'd say you have left is price and name. Which usually means clarity of signal.

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

i heard that if you use a bigger amp then what you need and keep the gain lower then having it more up (on the smaller amp) the signal sounds more clean? sorry if thats wrong info lol plus itd be easier to upgrade if you wanted too

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Archived