Sundown Audio

bass boost and gain settings

if a amp comes with a bass remote where would a good setting for the gain and bass boost be. not wanting to fight just want opinions. i heard few different stories. right now i have my gain at a 1/4 and my boost bout 1/8 which o my amp is just of the 0db point

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

I usaully set the bass boost all the way up, and the gain to where the sound great at max volume, so I can turn down the subs from the bass knob in the car. You know some music is recorded different so it's good to have the extra control in the bass.

I usaully set the bass boost all the way up, and the gain to where the sound great at max volume, so I can turn down the subs from the bass knob in the car. You know some music is recorded different so it's good to have the extra control in the bass.

DO NOT EVER TURN BASS BOOST UP EVER its a instant clip you will fry your subs

thanx p i have my kiddo with me most of the time and my box isnt tuned low hell even my remote i only turn it up bout 1/8 of a turn w/ out mt daughter in my ride. and the volume on my deck never gets past 22 thats where it sounds best to me

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Bassboost doesn't clip as long as you set your gains with the bass boost set to what you want it at..

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.