Sonic Electronix

Okay, well I have a friend who wanted an outside speaker because he is a "showoff" I guess you can call him lol so I went ahead and hooked it up for him, normally people just hook it up to a speaker, and splice them to a door speaker.. But for the first time I didnt feel like messing with door panels and stuff so I hooked it right up to the head unit. It worked all nice then I added in a Killswitch for it so it wouldnt be on all the time. Now the problem I am having is when I turn up the volume on the headunit about 25/47 when the kill switch is in the off postion it starts to static and cuts out some of the volume out of the front speaker.. but when the kill switch is in the on postion, I turn it up and its pefect, so how do I fix this? or how would I wire it? Thanks ahead of time

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Running the headunit at 2Ω?

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

take the switch out and disconnect the wires from it and leave them apart and then try turning it up, it could have something to do with the switch, but it's very doubtful, all sorts of weird things can go wrong when you put a switch in something... if that doesn't work, maybe 2 switches, one for the speaker positive and one for the negative? I could get a little complicated and throw a couple of relays in there too...

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Yea the kill switch has 2 wires coming out, a + and a - so I just wired it within the wire. When I take out the kill switch its fine.. just with it on I think its trying to kill the whole thing, and not just the extra speaker wire..

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get a better switch? are you keeping in mind that speakers run on AC current and not DC, so maybe an AC switch would work for you? I don't know crap about AC, I'm a DC guy, though it probably makes no difference for the switch. Anyway they are like 3 buck at Radioshack, Radioshack ftw.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

If the kill swith is grounded... that could be causing that? Did you just hooked up the switch to the + & - without a ground?

Yeah, no ground it just a switch with a + and a - coming out of it.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

I don't think that the switch needs to be grounded, I'd say just make sure all your connections are good using a DMM.

BTW, external speakers are generally frowned upon. He doesn't live near a primary school by any chance?

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.