Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

18" BTL Transmission Line :D


Clif

Recommended Posts

Posted

IMO i dont think the BTL is going to like that T-Line too much. But hey waht do i know

i was told that also. the compared a BTL in a t-line to a drag car trying to go down a country road

 

 

Posted

why don't you think it will like the box and why don't you think it will sound good?

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

Posted

I can see that as by me not able to put over 2k if I'm lucky to the sub. But If I'm in a class with limited power I think it could be good. I've always wanted to try it so why not. If it don't sound good then I make a regular vented box. What's car audio without a lil experimenting around?

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

Posted

I think the BTL will be fine, it has a really nice stiff suspension

The only advantage this box will have over ported is increased low end response, wont meter that high, definitely wont be a 149 bass racer

maybe a 139 bass racer, or if you did (syclone--- lol cant spell it for the life of me right now) , sure you would get a decent score

low tuning internal peak gains in a box like this

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

o well. It's only 50 bucks to build the box or so. It's worth it just to see the outcome. If it's shnatty then I got some firewood and another fun project on my hands :)

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

Posted

i think your gona love the Tline. I got my DC lvl 5 18" in a 40hz Tline and i love it...i can hit 30s pretty good... tuned to 31... you should be able to hit 25hz no problem... heres pics of mine.

tline18intuneto40hz.jpg

IMG00594.jpg

Sorry for the threadjack...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

Posted

How many watts ya throwing to the dc?

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 746 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...