Sonic Electronix

Will Fi recone my subwoofers?

And there are people that have flatwind subs. They may eventually need recones...

Seriously dude, lose the 'tude. It will get you nowhere.

hes pretty much always had a 'tude as far as i remember.

Yes but flatwind is in the DAMN recone options... im not talkinga bout the purchase options

Right...for the people who bought flatwounds originally and need a recone.

It's like trying to stick a .060" over bore piston in a standard bore block.

It won't work. If you want a sub with a flat wind then it either has to be a High Qts motor, or an original flat wind motor. If it isn't either of the two then it won't work.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

You will also get a recipt when you place your order for the recone btw. You do not need your original one.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

no need to slam the guy as he hasnt been told WHY he cant use flatwind coils in his sub....so i will explain why...

the geometries and clearances in the gap or motor where the voicecoil resides, are different for each respective coil option. hence, since you have copper round coils, the flatwind coil will not fit when introduced to a motor machined for a standard round copper coil.

edit:guess i type slow as many posts were ahead of mine. nice analagy nick haha

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

no need to slam the guy as he hasnt been told WHY he can use flatwind coils in his sub....so i will explain why...

the geometries and clearances in the gap or motor where the voicecoil resides, are different for each respective coil option. hence, since you have copper round coils, the flatwind coil will not fit when introduced to a motor machined for a standard round copper coil.

shouldnt this already have been thought of in the first place. i mean trying to fit a different kind of voice coil in a motor that was designed for one specific voice coil isnt really well thought out.

shouldnt this already have been thought of in the first place. i mean trying to fit a different kind of voice coil in a motor that was designed for one specific voice coil isnt really well thought out.

In his defense, I had no clue a flatwind coil wouldn't fit either.

no need to slam the guy as he hasnt been told WHY he cant use flatwind coils in his sub....so i will explain why...

edit:guess i type slow as many posts were ahead of mine. nice analagy nick haha

I had no clue why flatwind coils not fitting. Then I read:

A flatwound coil will not fit in a standard motor.

blah blah blah

And even knowing nothing about what exactly a flatwind coil is, I still understood getting the flatwind coil in a standard SSD wasn't going to work.

Asking why it wouldn't fit is one thing. Getting an attitude when people tell you it isn't possible is something else entirely.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

how many companies do you know let the consumer decide what options to build a sub? deffinately no one in the mainstream world till maybe recently. this is new ground for most people in the audio realm except some of us that know whats been around underground. most people that see companies like Fi and the like, got reference through a youtube video. all they knew before hand was mainstream, atleast a majority. off the shelf jl audio or what have you

moreover, most standard audio hobbiest, dont even know what goes on inside a subwoofer, and so on and so forth

not saying the op doesnt, just more of a general statement

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

Archived