Sonic Electronix

Hello, I'm new to the forums, and I need your input.. Currently I have two Rockford Fostgate Punch P3 12's in my trunk, Kenwood KDC-MP642U deck, boston s65 speakers, and no amp at the moment.. I been told that an amp powering my interior speakers will give me louder vocals but I also been told that the speakers aren't the greatest to amp and I should update my speakers first.. What do you think?

Btw I drive a PT Cruiser

If it were me, I'd get a good amp and amp the speakers you have now then upgrade to a component set later.

There will be a difference in sound quality by getting a new set of speakers, but you can only do so much when you are running off of head unit power. If you still had the stock speakers though, I'd say to replace those and then get the amplifier, but those are already gone, so...yeah.

Then again, I'm not the most knoledgable person on here so my method of doing things may not be the best.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

If it were me, I'd get a good amp and amp the speakers you have now then upgrade to a component set later.

There will be a difference in sound quality by getting a new set of speakers, but you can only do so much when you are running off of head unit power. If you still had the stock speakers though, I'd say to replace those and then get the amplifier, but those are already gone, so...yeah.

Then again, I'm not the most knoledgable person on here so my method of doing things may not be the best.

I been told that the Speakers I have now, the RMS will not be able to be boosted much, or else they will blow.. So someone suggest me getting new ones with a higher RMS to amp and therefore be louder

EDIT: I do got factory speakers, but I don't know what kind of amp to buy.. 2 channel 4 channel, ect ect.

Edited by Young Cruiserrr

I been told that the Speakers I have now, the RMS will not be able to be boosted much, or else they will blow.. So someone suggest me getting new ones with a higher RMS to amp and therefore be louder

x2 on amping them as you add sub woofers in the future you will notice that bass will over ride your mids & highs and most of us amp our mids & highs sounds louder and better sq.

IMO if ur gonna upgrade ur speakers sooner or later why not just amp them and see how they take it and later on just get a good set of components but you do get alot better sound quality and louder if u amp them because u have a more control of them cuz of the amps crossovers,

Edited by jl_audio

cowboys_logo.gif

If you keep the signal clean and use the high-pass filter either on your deck or amp for the speakers, you should be able to push more than RMS into them. I have entry-level MB Quarts in my doors rated at 35rms and when I had them amped they were getting 125-140rms (had 2 different amps on them, some crappy Sony 2-channel and an even crappier Pioneer) and they took it--mostly. A clipped signal at one point meant a blown crossover capacitor for the tweeter, but I soldered a replacement in and all has been well now. You just have to be careful and make sure you don't distort your signals.

Too many projects, too little time...

If you keep the signal clean and use the high-pass filter either on your deck or amp for the speakers, you should be able to push more than RMS into them. I have entry-level MB Quarts in my doors rated at 35rms and when I had them amped they were getting 125-140rms (had 2 different amps on them, some crappy Sony 2-channel and an even crappier Pioneer) and they took it--mostly. A clipped signal at one point meant a blown crossover capacitor for the tweeter, but I soldered a replacement in and all has been well now. You just have to be careful and make sure you don't distort your signals.

Yeah I'm completely lost with Amps, I don't know anything about them, I just want to amp my boston s65 for them to be as loud as my woofers.. my 2x 12's over ride the song.. and I just hear all the bass any suggested amps?

My subs already got a 1000watt amp powering them from rockford fostage

Edited by Young Cruiserrr

any aftermarket door speaker, most stock ones also, will sound better with a cleaner signal. you can tell the difference in stock door components when adding a good headunit. getting an amp can really bring your door components to life, and i would definitely upgrade the comps, just not right now. no point in getting an amp (which you would have had to do anyways) after getting better components because the higher quality, the more they will need and will sound like SHIT coming off of the headunit alone.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Yeah I'm completely lost with Amps, I don't know anything about them, I just want to amp my boston s65 for them to be as loud as my woofers.. my 2x 12's over ride the song.. and I just hear all the bass any suggested amps?

My subs already got a 1000watt amp powering them from rockford fostage

how many speakers are you looking to power? just two components? honestly, a nice clean and small 2 channel class a/b amp would be perfect. kicker has some really cheap 200watt ab amps for like $100 something shipped.

and are all the same RMS? so youll need a ncie 4 channel amp. but something you can also use when you upgrade the components