dont waste your time doing either.

the USDM preludes have a fairly weak engine (even the American SI versions)

If the motor is a H22a JDM motor, it would be worth the effort (240hp stock)

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

You have no clue what you're talking about Stick to your d15b7.

• 2 weeks later...

so i found a totaled prelude, with an h22 in perfect shape, the body of it was totaled in a recent hail storm. i am pondering whether to buy it and put the h22 in my accord in place of my current f22. OR fix up the body of that prelude... any ideas? im kinda stuck on what to do with it.

you could just keep the accord stock and leave the lude alone and fix the body then u would have 2 cars :D

You have no clue what you're talking about Stick to your d15b7.

lols, is that so...?

i have this accord with a jdm h22 in it, with other motor swaps done previous. hmm. what do I know..?

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

lols, is that so...?

i have this accord with a jdm h22 in it, with other motor swaps done previous. hmm. what do I know..?

he's asking about h22's. not the F series engines. either way, those engines are far from weak. I don't care what you have or what engine swaps you've done. honda engine swaps are far from impressive.when you build a 1.8L engine with over 600whp, then maybe I'll reconsider you not knowing what you're talking about, since any engine with a closed deck block is far from weak.

btw.. there was never a H series engine that made 240hp from the factory. the EDM euro-r engine has 217hp and jdm euro-r h22a7 has the same and that's as good as it gets. the japanese h22a has 197hp. but what do you know?

Edited by doug118

btw.. there was never a H series engine that made 240hp from the factory. the EDM euro-r engine has 217hp and that's as good as it gets. the japanese h22 has 197hp. but what do you know?

i called it 240, because (realistically) nobody is going to roll around with a motor swap and NOT have exhaust and intake done.

and speaking of realistic, why would you come at me so negatively. if hes going to "swap" it, why not go all out and put the best of their h series motors into it. you know a thing or two about hondas, as do many of us on here, so what do you think would suit his accord best?

i say JDM h22a. i have one in my 94 coupe. its fucking a blast to drive. thats my .02 :shrug:

his original question was to swap the h22 into his accord or to fix the prelude. I said put the h22 into the accord because as you just said, those swaps are a BLAST to drive

if I personally had a perfectly good running donor h22 car, I would pick up the cheapest shittiest 90-93 coupe I could find and put the h22 into that. then keep the other accord for a nicer daily.

for some motivation.. a friend built this car and even though the only thing left from honda in the engine bay is the bare head and valve cover, it's still a swapped accord coupe :drinks:

lol 240 horses with bolt ons from an h22? ok..

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol