Second Skin Audio

Jl vs. American Bass

The HD's are pretty similar to the AQ HDC3's, so if you run either setup on 3000rms(1500 for each 15AB Sub, or 1000 for each 12"JL Sub) You will have more cone area with the 15's therefore if each are in optimum enclosures the 15's will be louder off the 3000rms, though the SQ may or may not be better on the JL's.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

You only have a 1000 watts amp, and not a lot of space to work with !

Get a Fi bl 12" in an optimal enclosure made for your trunk. You will be happy with it.

You can also look at the DC subs, Incriminator Audio Death row, and many more...

2 Sundown sa 12" would sound good and hit hard on this amp.

Try to learn more about car audio, subs, amps,... and then come back with better questions !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Looks like you hang around shops more than you do the world wide web. I have a gut instinct your not building a SQ vehicle, nor are really concerned about sounding perfect. You mention loud, so if you want loud and quality for much less money get the AB subs since they must also be available locally. Now I am a die hard JL hater, I think they ruin the audio market and I have a fat list as to why. But i'm not here to hate right now. If I were you i'd sell that JL 1000/1, its worth more in cash than it is to have. A budget would be great to start with, because if you have the patience and a little time you could easily double the amount of equipment for the same cost as JL just by using the internet, and taking true audio enthusiasts advice. I'm all about the "supporting local shops" bullshit, but if a shop carries and pushes JL they're really out to fuck you anyway and are generally unknowledgeable from what I've encountered. They only know as much as the JL brochure and the HUGE profit they make on the name. Try any of these brands and you will be blown away DC, Ascendant, FI, Sundown, American Bass, Audioque, SSA. All make very beastly subs and/or amps of higher quality than JL and are very competitively priced.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

• 1 year later...

im still lol'ing at the boss comparison, lol.

I Cant believe somebody compared ab to boss on this website. lol that shit cray

2 american bass 15'' XFLs. brutus2100d. big three and rest of wiring is SHok classic 0. box is 6.8 cft 31 hz. have not metered.

I cant believe someone dug up this old ass post. <_<

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived