Sonic Electronix

I have a pyramid 1000 watt 2-ch amp. I have 2 10" 1000 watt DVC champion series pioneers bridged off of the amp, when ever I turn it up to a certain point the fuse blows. Is this my subs? or my amp not being able to handle the ohms?

2000 White Saturn SL2

Kenwood KDC-248U Head Unit

1 Rockrod Fosgate HX2 punch DVC 12

1 Rockford Fosgate R500-1 amp

Stock Mids & Highs.

Budget Build, I spent about 330$ for the setup.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

I have a pyramid 1000 watt 2-ch amp. I have 2 10" 1000 watt DVC champion series pioneers bridged off of the amp, when ever I turn it up to a certain point the fuse blows. Is this my subs? or my amp not being able to handle the ohms?

It means your amp is drawing too much current. Either the ohm load is too low, your gain is too high, etc.

I have a wire going into one positive then a joint wire running to the other positive, then i have a negative going in one terminal and a joint wire running to the other negative. I"m pretty sure they are DVC 4-ohm not positive i could take a look and see though. When i ran them in parallel the amp wouldn't even power the subs they would barely burp.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

I have a wire going into one positive then a joint wire running to the other positive, then i have a negative going in one terminal and a joint wire running to the other negative. I"m pretty sure they are DVC 4-ohm not positive i could take a look and see though. When i ran them in parallel the amp wouldn't even power the subs they would barely burp.

wait you did that on the woofers right and not on the amp i hope so? thats called parallel. + to + and - to - is parallel. series is + to - and + to -, which i think you are referring to "barely bumps" as series would effectively double the ohm load in your case and parellel'ing would half the ohm load.

2 dvc 4 ohm woofers in parallel is 1 ohm. thats probably why you're blowing fuses on your amp. i dont know of any pyramid amps (or any newer amps for that matter) that are rated at 1 ohm bridged as that is effectively running each channel at like .5 ohms.

why that amp......too much current and what fuse are you using?

Edited by TeamHT

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

wiringdiagram.jpg

Thats how they are wired, and they are bridged off the amp.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

OEM fuse was 30, i just put a 25 in there and turned it up, it hasn't blown yet.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.