Sonic Electronix

i went from poistive from master to poistive to slave .4 if i touch probes

so the resistance of the probes is .4ohm and you see .8 at the terminals. so your wired to .5ohm. each amp sees .25ohm. thats the answer. you wired all the + terminals together and all the - terminals together. wire them to 2ohm and you will be good.

It could be that ur wire gauge is too small, this happened to me. like it would go to protection when the vol. got too high so i got bigger speaker wire and it never happened again.

noob help is funny :lol:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

thanks i will wire them up 2ohms

what happens when you strap is each amp sees half the load it normally would. .8 would be fine on a single amp but that drops you to .4 strapped. thats why you're amps shut off. Say thanks that the protection kicked in and they didnt smoke

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

If you have d2 woofers, you need to wire them in series/parallel, giving you a final load of 2 ohms. When you strap amps you are you are bridging them therefor splitting the final load in half.

edit..late lol

Edited by EricR

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

so the resistance of the probes is .4ohm and you see .8 at the terminals. so your wired to .5ohm. each amp sees .25ohm. thats the answer. you wired all the + terminals together and all the - terminals together. wire them to 2ohm and you will be good.

noob help is funny :lol:

well im glad u got a kick out of it

he wasnt talking about you lol we all make mistakes shit happens. he was talking about the kid with the speaker wire is too small stuff.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

what happens when you strap is each amp sees half the load it normally would. .8 would be fine on a single amp but that drops you to .4 strapped. thats why you're amps shut off. Say thanks that the protection kicked in and they didnt smoke

i know right thank god for dip shit protection

did you say your using 8 gauge power wire?

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest