Sonic Electronix

This past weekend i went to a car show and team DOA was there, along with many other cars/trucks doing mid to upper 150's. After selling my walled of rado with 4 15's and buying a trailblazer ss i downgraded to just 1 t10001bd and 2 sdc 2.5's. Ive heard many set ups with the same power that were just brutal. Long story short, aside from the alt and batts i have about $1200 to work with which i know isn't alot when tryn to get loud. I PMed DC and got prices on a pair of 15" lvl 4's, and was thinking about running another T10001 and doing 2 15's or 18's in my trailblazer.

My goal is to be around 147ish in the mid 30hz range. My question is should i stick with 2 15's since i just made a new box, do 18's or maybe add another 2 sdc's? Only problem is space.

I realize i could get many different responses, but being new to an SUV, i really dont know what route to go. I do know that i dont want to run over 3kwrms. I just finished my temp set up, but i cant stand not having a bigger set up and its time to go louder. this is what im working with so far

102_1355.jpg

102_1352.jpg

102_1347.jpg

i did wrap it in vinly since my friends decided to draw all over it

102_1354.jpg

Anyway, does anyone have any advice with my set up? I listen to rap, and by that i mean decaf took over my ipod.

Thanks for ur time guys

Edited by mxman38

I would work with what you have, but hey, if you got the money go for the 18's. Have you tried different boxes with your setup, or is this the first box with those subs?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I would work with what you have, but hey, if you got the money go for the 18's. Have you tried different boxes with your setup, or is this the first box with those subs?

no i havent, i am tuned at 32hz... which is low for these woofers... but Cnate, when he had a tbss, told me the cabin peaks at 32. IDK i guess i wanted it to just be brutal on the lows. But at this point i wouldnt mind going back up into the upper 30's for some better numbers.

shoot i would go 4 18's you got the space for it, believe me, its sicka

maybe walled? I did contemplate walling again but i dont want to build inside my truck. Its just too nice of a truck in my eyes to tear apart. its no benz or hummer, but shit, its brand new... and ive been through this before

102_1308.jpg

un..becks...from beerfest? lol, sweet

yeah, haha.

"why not upgrading to the hdc3s?"

ive had HDC18's... the 4 15's walked all over them with the same power. ive also heard DC is a better woofer so i was willing to give them a shot, but im open to anything really

Edited by mxman38

no i havent, i am tuned at 32hz... which is low for these woofers... but Cnate, when he had a tbss, told me the cabin peaks at 32. IDK i guess i wanted it to just be brutal on the lows. But at this point i wouldnt mind going back up into the upper 30's for some better numbers.

yeah, haha.

"why not upgrading to the hdc3s?"

ive had HDC18's... the 4 15's walked all over them with the same power. ive also heard DC is a better woofer so i was willing to give them a shot, but im open to anything really

He stole it und now instead of Deutschland's greatest beer we merely have fourth best behind Steinemarzen, Rottenburger, und... und...UND BECKS! ja, und becks.

one of the greatest movies EVER.

and reading fail on my part, i just didnt comprehend those words, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

so do i go with weaker subs and more cone area, or beefy subs and a couple drivers? i guess thats what it comes down too.

more cone area with the opportunity to upgrade to beefy in the future?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Since you have woofers, i would say just get another T10001. You have good equipment, no need to replace it. I hear you on the space issue. my enclosure is just over 6 cubes for one BTL and it takes up nearly all of the cargo area in my SS. Thats the only draw back to big subs(IMHO), well that and shit in your roof coming apart.

Build in progress:

Kenwood DNX890HD

Rockford Fosgate White wolf RCA's

2 Rockford Fosgate T400.4 on RF fanatic q components (6.5 in the kick, 6.5 in the front doors, 5.25 in rear doors)
2 Rockford Fosgate T2500's on sub

1 Fi car audio Team 15 D1

XS Power D3400 and three D975's in the rear

Mechman Elite 370

Stinger power connections and cable

RockFord_Fosgate-1-1.png