Gotcha...next time it happens take a whiff of the pass side and we'll go from there.

will do man...im gonna be sniffin the shit outta this thing...

There should be some pins or something that the caliper slides on during braking, if you didn't slide them they will hang up and give you that smell, glaze your pads, and eventually trash your rotors, don't ask me how I know. I would pop 'em off again and recheck.

i get what your sayin...on the accord, those pins were part of the caliper bolts. they were long (bout 3-4") and were only threaded near the head. the rest was smooth and greased up. I re-greased them whenever I did those brakes. but these bolt are short and threaded. I believe the pins are a separate part from these bolts. that being said, I tested the calipers when I put them back on (Im weird like that and like to see how they move :nea:) but they moved back and forth pretty smoothly.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Also make your your brake hose on the drivers side is not coiled like it would be if you accidentally spun the caliper b4 you went to mount it on the bracket. Doing this can cause a pressure retention issue in the hose keeping the caliper partially applied all the time.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

thanks for all the suggestions. I wanted to bring this topic back since I finally got time to go home and look at the brakes again. the front still makes noise but my friends sayin it may be the dust shield too (when I re-studded the front, the old stud pushed the dust shield closer to the rotor when I knocked it out.)

Im taking off the front wheels tomorrow morning since I did my rear brakes tonight. but I may have found the culprit. if you guys could answer me one question, it would pretty much clear it all up---

I know that sometimes, the piston in the caliper may have to be moved back with a C-clamp when putting new pads on. does this apply for the rear brakes too? if it does, then my passenger rear caliper is frozen. I tried to move the piston back to install the new pads but it wouldnt budge. the e-brake was off, and I even bled it a little to make sure there wasnt alot of tension in the line.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco