Preception of SQ

Lord Baccus

I am no trying to convert the Priest of Ol Sq / meerly trying to widen the gap in definition / Open a few minds just a Lil

I was just trying to get a feel for SQ / but the SQ Hard Liners are quick to dismiss anything that challenges the Knowen /// remember the World was once Flat, and the Catholic Church had a Hitt ( Ordered his DEATH ) put out on Gallaos Head for suggesting that the Earth revolved around the SUN and was NOT the center of the Universe!!!

I am Challanging the Knowen theory of SQ,

( Staggnant water breeds Mosquito's )

It isn't a theory, it is a standard, you don't have to challenge anything. You can make your car sound like music is coming from all around if you want and all will be ok. You may not do well in a SQL competition as you aren't following their standards for competing but that is your choice.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

It isn't a theory, it is a standard, you don't have to challenge anything. You can make your car sound like music is coming from all around if you want and all will be ok. You may not do well in a SQL competition as you aren't following their standards for competing but that is your choice.

Great Point!!!

Those Standards are OUT of DATE and need to be re-evaluated.

Just cuss someone @ USuck 100 Yrs ago set it up that way does NOT mean I have to addhear to the guidlines set by THAT FORUM.

remember the world Use too be Flat!!!

Great Point!!!

Those Standards are OUT of DATE and need to be re-evaluated.

Just cuss someone @ USuck 100 Yrs ago set it up that way does NOT mean I have to addhear to the guidlines set by THAT FORUM.

remember the world Use too be Flat!!!

But the world isn't flat, that is a fact not an opinion. When you listen to live music, it is in front of you. That is the standard set by the performing groups, not any car audio ruling committee. The idea is to recreate the concert setting, therefore the front stage.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

my opinion of SQ used to include a ton of bass. doesnt mean i was right. means i didnt know what the fuck i was talking about.

and i dont think anyone here needs a visual of ugly people dressing in black with cut up arms humping each others legs.

1227056792_DFB_2008_0004.jpg

Ya id kick her outta ma bed for eatting Crackers!!!

1227056792_DFB_2008_0075.jpg

1227056792_DFB_2008_0011.jpg

Ive been in a SQ vehical. It's another world. The bass is not very hard but it hits you in the chest from the front. All the instruments sound like they are on stage.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

I do agree that Clear Music is the overall goal,

Problem I have is Deflection, and trapping echoes, need a way to make the Smooth Plastic, ruff I think a porous / absorbent surface would cut down on the reflective sounds, making it easier to control the Stage being presented, regardless of Format!

i.e. ( Front Staging / or Surround sound )

Then we open a whole other can of worms when we get into ( Time Alignment )

1227056792_DFB_2008_0021.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Think about this. If you're at a classical concert what should it sound like. Ignoring echos and reverberation for now. Let's say i'm sitting center stage. But i'm in the 5th row. Pretty good seat btw, although a bit close for some. Now what happens when someone coughs 10 rows back and a bit to the right. How bout that young couple arguing 8 rows back on your left. Ok what about when everyone applauds. You're in the 5th row center. Most all of the clapping is behind you with hardly any in front of you. Without dsp and even with it it's hard to get sound from all around you with just front stereo pair.

To the OP. For over 40 years now and maybe a lot longer than that people have tried to simulate a live event. You're clubbing music isn't nothing new. We've seen the DSP's with a club setting. Dolby surround isn't new. You had Quadraphonic stereo in 1970. Stereo pair in front and a stereo pair in back. In fact you can still achieve this effect by using Hafler's passive circuit with front and rear pair of speakers with a stereo recording. Although i've no idea if car audio amps can handle this load. I think most can. The exception would be the dual mono amps that perform stereo.

So in a limited way i'd have to agree with the op. My question is why is surround dead. Without surround of some sort you are not listening to all music correctly. Most especially concerts or live events. Sure the SQ guy and that includes me will tune to get that soundstage perfect. But what about the sounds offstage or behind you. If the OP wants to simulate a club he should be able to do so. If i want to simulate a classical concert i should be able to do so.

I seriously believe that SQ testing of stereo front is a step backwards of over 40 years. Maybe it's time to replace whoever makes up a lot of these rules and replace them with people that actually want progress and correct reproduction of the music.

• 3 weeks later...

But at the same time not all of us are trying to reproduce live music. In a recorded situation you dont have the random noises behind you or off to your left.

Im a big believer that your car audio experience is what you want it to be. Im not going to argue what is right or wrong. Just do what makes you happy :)

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

oh boy another one of these topics...

SQ is subjective idc who says its not.

but as far as the OP, we totally don't see eye to eye on anything and we both know this. Seems like because you cannot or will not create a environment thats classified as a SQ one...you randomly make threads about the whole concept being out of wack.

None of my personally liked music is really in the SQ genre for sampling...i listen to alot of rap, but as far as great recordings go, my other part of me listens to 80s music and classic rock....you can reproduce those recordings pretty accurately with a properly capable setup. its really not hard to reproduce a techno/goth scene whatsoever, theres really no REAL instrumentation going on, so theres really no real sound that your going after other then some synthesized beat that may be playing at that time.

you seem to have the mentality that having all the frequencies playing and playing loud is enough.

Archived