Preception of SQ

Lord Baccus

until you sit in a car competently set up for sq and know what to look for, you would never understand what everyone is going on about.

Your definition of SQ might just be that it doesnt sound like garbage. Others think it meant you spent alot on high end equipment.

Those in the know realize its more about faithfully reproducing the music as it was recorded, no "coloration" from overpowered subs or overly sensitive tweeters, no distortion, no clipping, no static or background noises. The people at the top levels just want to go a step farther, they worry about staging and imaging. In a car that's set up right, you can tell where the singer is standing relative to the rest of the band, which way the guy with the trumpet is looking, whether the drummer has his snare on the right or the left, etc. Its stunning to listen to well recorded music on a properly set up system and realize "holy shit! that guy on the horn walked across the stage while they were recording?" or the fact that the drums were in a different position than the previous track. You can literally tell where everything is, you don't hear a speaker at all, all you hear is sound coming from fucking thin air, and thats sq

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

until you sit in a car competently set up for sq and know what to look for, you would never understand what everyone is going on about.

Your definition of SQ might just be that it doesnt sound like garbage. Others think it meant you spent alot on high end equipment.

Those in the know realize its more about faithfully reproducing the music as it was recorded, no "coloration" from overpowered subs or overly sensitive tweeters, no distortion, no clipping, no static or background noises. The people at the top levels just want to go a step farther, they worry about staging and imaging. In a car that's set up right, you can tell where the singer is standing relative to the rest of the band, which way the guy with the trumpet is looking, whether the drummer has his snare on the right or the left, etc. Its stunning to listen to well recorded music on a properly set up system and realize "holy shit! that guy on the horn walked across the stage while they were recording?" or the fact that the drums were in a different position than the previous track. You can literally tell where everything is, you don't hear a speaker at all, all you hear is sound coming from fucking thin air, and thats sq

Now imagine if we used recording sources that used binaural recording and had more than 2 channels. Shit would be so cash. :drink40:

edit

I think I found a cool band for playing around in SQ with.. band is "OSI".

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

why the fuck is this thread back? lol it was stupid to begin with guys. let it die.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived